Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

parkerrmmc

Allergy Aware Clothing And Patches

Hello everyone! Thought many of you parents with Celiac children might be interested in this link. I found this company that makes Allergy Aware shirts, onesies and patches. I think it's great! www.jeeto.com

Hope you enjoy :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Those things are SO adorable. I would order them in a heartbeat if I had a little one!! I still might get some of the patches to put on a tote bag or something. TOO Cute!! Thanks so much for sharing.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

It might be because there is some thought in the medical profession that oats may be ok after all.

I myself tried eating them and got very ill so won't be doing that again. It's the only reason I can think of that they wouldn't put oats on it.

Very cute..the only problem I noticed is that the shirts and patches for gluten-free say no wheat rye barley, but don't mention oats! Cute idea though! Vanessa

Relatively recent studies have showed that oats are safe for celiacs (unless they have an additional problem to oats, that is) provided that the oats are not contaminated. McCanns, after dealing with a contamination problem, are said to be the most reliable gluten-free oat.

The point is, though, the structure of the oat is not problematic as is that of wheat, rye, and barley.

I still don't think I would try them again.

I know. Even if I could have oats, I feel like I am doing fine with a gluten-free, oat-free diet....why take the risk if I don't really need oats anyway?

I guess I brought up the oat thing because if I used those patches for my son when he starts kindergarten, I don't want someone giving him oats. I realize the oats themselves do not contain gluten, but are contaminated. If you are going to be letting people know of a condition, they need all the information.