rebe09

Sick

Rate this topic

Hello~ I went gluten-free a little over 2 months ago. I literally went gluten-free with everything! Maybe exposed to gluten 2-3 times in the beginning. About 2 days ago I started to feel achy and nauseous. Those symptoms are gone, but my stomach feels "odd". It feels tender and hurts if I push on it. I originally went on a gluten-free diet for neurological reasons, headaches, and BM irregularities, so I wasn't necessary sick from gluten. The achiness and nauseous feeling could totally be a bug, but what's with the odd stomach feeling is what I'm concerned about? Could it be possible that I was exposed to gluten and now my body responds to it more negatively since I've been gluten-free for over two months?

Hello~ I went gluten-free a little over 2 months ago. I literally went gluten-free with everything! Maybe exposed to gluten 2-3 times in the beginning. About 2 days ago I started to feel achy and nauseous. Those symptoms are gone, but my stomach feels "odd". It feels tender and hurts if I push on it. I originally went on a gluten-free diet for neurological reasons, headaches, and BM irregularities, so I wasn't necessary sick from gluten. The achiness and nauseous feeling could totally be a bug, but what's with the odd stomach feeling is what I'm concerned about? Could it be possible that I was exposed to gluten and now my body responds to it more negatively since I've been gluten-free for over two months?

Could be gas, could be constipation; if it's on the right side, it could be appendicitis, but after 2 days you'd presumably know by now. You might want to try the Mayo Clinic's symptom checker: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/symptom-c...ominal%2520pain

An awful lot of us are casein intolerant; you may want to try giving up dairy at least temporarily. And to answer your last question, yes, nearly everybody says their symptoms from a glutening get worse the longer they're gluten-free.

I've only been gluten-free for the same length of time, and I have found that I actually got sicker. There have been numerous food allergies and other aliments that have shown themselves since then. It's hard to say if you accidentially got into gluten or if something else is showing up.

There are some real pros that have been kind enough to help me through these rough spots and I believe they will be around here soon to help you out. Hang in there.

Ann

You could be getting sneaky gluten from a source you felt was safe or maybe it's another sensitivity. A food journal can help narrow it down. It sounds a lot like I felt when I tried a new tea this winter. It took me awhile to figure that one out but I felt SO much better when I threw it out.