Jayde

Swollen Fingers

Rate this topic

I have a ectreemly swollen right pinky finger, and all joints on my right hand seem puffy and inflamed. My middle finger itches like crazy. I do get a rash on my right pinky (it's like clear pus bubbles that form and can be popped). I think I do have DH on my elbows and knee though this rash looks different than the DH.. and since going gluten-free about 5 weeks ago my DH has cleared but not this rash or inflamation on my hand.. I'm wondering if this could be associated with Celiac or if it may be something different?? Anyone else had this problem??

I have a ectreemly swollen right pinky finger, and all joints on my right hand seem puffy and inflamed. My middle finger itches like crazy. I do get a rash on my right pinky (it's like clear pus bubbles that form and can be popped). I think I do have DH on my elbows and knee though this rash looks different than the DH.. and since going gluten-free about 5 weeks ago my DH has cleared but not this rash or inflamation on my hand.. I'm wondering if this could be associated with Celiac or if it may be something different?? Anyone else had this problem??

Is there actual pus coming from these blisters? If there is you need to get it looked at asap. Is this finger on the hand that is swollen and inflamed? If you answer yes then I would urge you very strongly to get this looked at. It could be celiac related but it could be something else. If you are using any hand lotions or hand sanitizers stop until you know what is going on.

Is there actual pus coming from these blisters? If there is you need to get it looked at asap. Is this finger on the hand that is swollen and inflamed? If you answer yes then I would urge you very strongly to get this looked at. It could be celiac related but it could be something else. If you are using any hand lotions or hand sanitizers stop until you know what is going on.

Yes, it is on the hand that is swollen and inflammed.. the blisters have a clear liquid, not pus when popped. I switched all my lotions and such to gluten free products about 4 weeks ago and there has been no change. The only thing I use that is the same is bathroom soap in public washrooms...

Yes, it is on the hand that is swollen and inflammed.. the blisters have a clear liquid, not pus when popped. I switched all my lotions and such to gluten free products about 4 weeks ago and there has been no change. The only thing I use that is the same is bathroom soap in public washrooms...

I would get a small empty bottle, like ones for traveling, and fill it with a soap you know is safe. Or if you use a bar soap you can get a case for it also. Use that when you need to use a public restroom. If this doesn't clear up soon you should have a doctor evalutate it. The blisters you are speaking of do sound like DH, but the swelling is a concern. Have they done any Xrays to see if you may have developed arthritis in that hand? I got horrible swelling in my fingers gluten free, in my case it was related to my kidney function and was in both hands but the right hand was worse than the left. Also if you are right handed are you a gardener? Do you use that hand to pull weeds and stuff? If so perhaps you can in contact with a plant that you have an allergy to.