jennavive00

Beware! Thai Kitchen Changed Ingredients

Rate this topic

I often enjoy the Mushroom soup rice bowls from Thai Kitchen for lunch at work. I just took a few bites of one this afternoon and noticed that it tasted a bit different, grabbed the box out of the trash, and sure enough! CONTAINS WHEAT. Such a nice feeling. I have an email into the company to explain what has happened, and the fact that it still says it is gluten free on their website http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommer...cgrfnbr=1339446 - So BEWARE of Thai Kitchen, make sure you read the label and confirm the gluten-free status before consuming!!!

Thanks for the notice. I have just recently found these in the local stores. The ones I have do say gluten-free. Hopefully the ones with wheat are older stock that just made their way to the shelves.

I often enjoy the Mushroom soup rice bowls from Thai Kitchen for lunch at work. I just took a few bites of one this afternoon and noticed that it tasted a bit different, grabbed the box out of the trash, and sure enough! CONTAINS WHEAT. Such a nice feeling. I have an email into the company to explain what has happened, and the fact that it still says it is gluten free on their website http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommer...cgrfnbr=1339446 - So BEWARE of Thai Kitchen, make sure you read the label and confirm the gluten-free status before consuming!!!

Thai Kitchen has never been trustworthy. Taste of Thai on the other hand earlier this year added an announcement on every package that all their products are gluten-free. Now they're not the fastest moving items at the supermarket, so you could easily run across some older packages that still have gluten, but Taste of Thai is the far better, more responsible and more authentic (not much wheat in Thai cooking as far as I know) company.

Thai Kitchen has never been trustworthy. Taste of Thai on the other hand earlier this year added an announcement on every package that all their products are gluten-free. Now they're not the fastest moving items at the supermarket, so you could easily run across some older packages that still have gluten, but Taste of Thai is the far better, more responsible and more authentic (not much wheat in Thai cooking as far as I know) company.

Thanks! I went to the store and picked some up, hopefully they are tasty.

Yikes! :o Thanks for posting this, I've got a few in my cabinet and they were purchased fairly recently. I'll check them out when I get home.

I hear back from Thai Kitchen about the wheat in the mushroom soup. Turns out they make a different mushroom soup specifically for Whole Foods that has wheat in it. The soup at all other stores is still gluten free. Strange!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your interest in our products and welcome the opportunity to be of assistance to you.

We are aware of special allergies and intolerance to certain ingredients such as the following:

Peanuts Fish Soy proteins Sulfites

Tree nuts Eggs Wheat proteins Yellow No. 5 & 6

Shellfish Milk Red Pepper

As a responsible food company, our company follows the U.S. Food Drug & Cosmetic Act regulations to ensure consumer safety concerning food allergens. We declare these ingredients on our label in the ingredient statement. Federal regulations require us to list sulfites if they are over 10 parts per million, so we use that as our label declaration limit. Because we are constantly improving our products, we encourage you to read the ingredient statement on our packages at the time of your purchase.

In addition, we follow good manufacturing practices at our plants. Our employees are trained in the importance of correct labeling and the necessity of performing thorough equipment wash-downs to eliminate cross-contact of ingredients.

Although we cannot guarantee our products to be 100% free of allergens not listed on the label, we want you to know that we take this situation seriously and have taken extra precautions to eliminate the possibility of mislabeling or cross-contact.

We manufacture one Mushroom Bowl for Whole Foods that has soy powder, which has a wheat derivative. Our other Mushroom bowls available at all major grocery sores, including Target and Wal Mart is Gluten Free. It says Gluten Free in red. I am sorry for the confusion that this has may have caused.