runningcrazy

Why Cant I Send Another Private Message Until Tomorrow?

Rate this topic

I sent a private message to a member and they kindly wrote back the next day, so I replied to them. Then they replied again to me and I would like to answer their question but i'm not allowed to send another PM until tomorrow at 10 am.

Why?????

The board was having problems with people signing up as members and the using the pm system to send spam so Scott restricted the usage. Maybe he will consider changing it back, if there haven't been any more problems. You could always pm him (admin) and ask.

:)

I know it sucks...

If is says tomorrow then something is not right. The timer is supposed to be one hour (60 minutes) from the time you sent the most recent message. Receiving messages is not restricted.

On my non-moderator test identity, I sent a message a couple of minutes ago, and then tried again and got:

You cannot send another PM until Aug 26 2009, 03:45 PM

which is exactly one hour after I sent the first one.

I sent a private message to a member and they kindly wrote back the next day, so I replied to them. Then they replied again to me and I would like to answer their question but i'm not allowed to send another PM until tomorrow at 10 am.

Why?????

I had the same problem shortly after I joined.. I typed a nice reply to a PM and couldn't send it..

I had the same problem shortly after I joined.. I typed a nice reply to a PM and couldn't send it..

PM privileges aren't granted until you have made 15 (or is it 16?) posts. You may not have had enough posts under your belt yet.