Jolienej

Please Help Me !

Rate this topic

Hi everyone ,

I need your help , after i had my first daughter 7 years ago when i would eat i would be doubled over in abdominal pain for hours . The doctor did a scope and found a hiatel hernia and said that was where the pain is from ....i do not believe him ..

here are my symptoms .

1. It goes away while pregnant????? Very strange!!!!

2. Pain is terrible doubled over i pain , can't breathe it hurts so bad lasts as long as 9 hours .

3. Never have diarreah just the opposite i am constipated all the time longest i went with out a bm was 9 days .

4. only happens when i eat cookies , cake , bread , pasta, pancakes,anything with gluten it seems ,

i use to be able to eat taco's and just reacently that had to stop i think it may be the flour totilla i used, i also use to be able to eat pasta .

i can eat cereal that is made with whole weat thats what i don;t understand . please help

Hi - I just joined this group earlier today and thought I'd posted earlier, but I'm not seeing my post so maybe I didn't do it correctly.

It took nearly a month to get my results from EnteroLab, and they came back indicating Intestinal antigliadin IgA antibody levels were elevated (45 units) indicating gluten sensitvity. What I'd like to know is:

1) Has anyone received a different result (their documentation indicates that 45 units is the average postiive result).

2) Has anyone on this list had their positive results confirmed by some other testing methodology?

3) If so, what was the second methodology used?

I'm seeing my physician who odered the test on Tuesday. Before I embark on a total life change, I want to make darned sure it's the correct diagnosis. I wouldn't accept any other type of diagnosis without some collaboration and I feel the same way about this. (Frankly, I hope the diagnosis IS correct, it would explain a lot of things)

Thanks,

Nikki

Hi everyone ,

I need your help , after i had my first daughter 7 years ago when i would eat i would be doubled over in abdominal pain for hours . The doctor did a scope and found a hiatel hernia and said that was where the pain is from ....i do not believe him ..

here are my symptoms .

1. It goes away while pregnant????? Very strange!!!!

2. Pain is terrible doubled over i pain , can't breathe it hurts so bad lasts as long as 9 hours .

3. Never have diarreah just the opposite i am constipated all the time longest i went with out a bm was 9 days .

4. only happens when i eat cookies , cake , bread , pasta, pancakes,anything with gluten it seems ,

i use to be able to eat taco's and just reacently that had to stop i think it may be the flour totilla i used, i also use to be able to eat pasta .

i can eat cereal that is made with whole weat thats what i don;t understand . please help

Jolienej,

This is the test to request from your doctor:

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) both IgA and IgG

Anti-endomysial antibodies (EMA) - IgA

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA

Total IgA level.

Take a walk around this site and see if you find anything familiar.

Hi - I just joined this group earlier today and thought I'd posted earlier, but I'm not seeing my post so maybe I didn't do it correctly.

It took nearly a month to get my results from EnteroLab, and they came back indicating Intestinal antigliadin IgA antibody levels were elevated (45 units) indicating gluten sensitivity. What I'd like to know is:

1) Has anyone received a different result (their documentation indicates that 45 units is the average positive result).

2) Has anyone on this list had their positive results confirmed by some other testing methodology?

3) If so, what was the second methodology used?

I'm seeing my physician who ordered the test on Tuesday. Before I embark on a total life change, I want to make darned sure it's the correct diagnosis. I wouldn't accept any other type of diagnosis without some collaboration and I feel the same way about this. (Frankly, I hope the diagnosis IS correct, it would explain a lot of things)

Thanks,

Nikki

Nikki,

It would be a good place to start with the Celiac Blood Panel (not sure what test your dr. ordered):

Antigliadin antibodies (AGA) both IgG and IgG

Total IgA level.

There is a great deal of information here. Take a walk around.

Hi everyone ,

Did they check for gall bladder disease?( which can be related to celiac). And constipation is more common than previously thought. I went back on a gluten diet 2 weeks ago for tests I'll be having in a few weeks. Just a few days after starting to eat wheat again my old constipation problem came back. After being gluten-free for 2 yrs, I had forgotten how bad it was.

Thanks very much - I appreciate the additional information and will continue to peruse the site!

Nikki

Nikki,

It would be a good place to start with the Celiac Blood Panel (not sure what test your dr. ordered):

Antigliadin antibodies (AGA) both IgG and IgG

Total IgA level.

There is a great deal of information here. Take a walk around.