oreilly15

M&m Meat Gluten Free List

Rate this topic

When I was first diasnosed with Celiac disease I had a hard time finding meals I actually enjoyed. Then I went to M&M meat shops and they had a whole gluten free list that looked great. Now I know for a fact a few things on the list contain gluten and I was just wondering if anyone knew if their Butter Chicken meals are actually gluten free. It says it on the list but I wanna be sure as I do eat them a lot. Any help would be apreciated.

Now I know for a fact a few things on the list contain gluten.

Would you please share with us just how you know this "for a fact."

Would you please share with us just how you know this "for a fact."

Yeah they listed lasagne, cheese cake, battered and breaded stuff on their list. Now I was only diagnosed with Celiac about a year ago but I could've sworn those things contained gluten.

Yeah they listed lasagne, cheese cake, battered and breaded stuff on their list. Now I was only diagnosed with Celiac about a year ago but I could've sworn those things contained gluten.

Those are foods that commonly contain gluten, but unless you have checked the ingredient list you can not be absolutely sure. Have you?

Lasagna can be made using rice noodles--my wife and I do that all the time. Breading can be gluten-free. Just by looking at the type of product you do not know its gluten-free status for a fact.

I agree that such foods are usually not gluten-free, and it warrants questioning, but you can't just assume that all lasagna, or all cheesecake, or whatever contains gluten.

To accuse a company of misrepresentation based on an assumption is not fair.

Those are foods that commonly contain gluten, but unless you have checked the ingredient list you can not be absolutely sure. Have you?

Lasagna can be made using rice noodles--my wife and I do that all the time. Breading can be gluten-free. Just by looking at the type of product you do not know its gluten-free status for a fact.

I agree that such foods are usually not gluten-free, and it warrants questioning, but you can't just assume that all lasagna, or all cheesecake, or whatever contains gluten.

To accuse a company of misrepresentation based on an assumption is not fair.

No your right and they are a great company I have just been reading other posts about them doubting the list and just wanted to be sure as some of my favourite meal do come from there. Its just hard to be sure unless you make the food yourself

There are some very old topics about them. We don't usually but this sort of food. There is an M&M about 2km from where I live, but I have never been there. I will go in the next couple of days and see what I can find out.