amandabear20

Anyone Have Trouble With Spicy Food?

Rate this topic

Since I've gone gluten free, spicy food has given me some issues. This week I have had something spicy three times. each time, I have experienced nausea, headache, and acid reflux/heartburn. Spicy food has never done this to me before. I can normally eat some hot stuff. Anyone else have this problem? I know someone else that has, just wondering if we are the only ones out there.

Since I've gone gluten free, spicy food has given me some issues. This week I have had something spicy three times. each time, I have experienced nausea, headache, and acid reflux/heartburn. Spicy food has never done this to me before. I can normally eat some hot stuff. Anyone else have this problem? I know someone else that has, just wondering if we are the only ones out there.

I occasionally have mild problems with spicy foods if I over do it.

But it is definitely not uncommon, spicy foods can irritate an already out of wack stomach/small intestine. Just try to avoid them as much as possible and then slowly and gradually reintroduce them back into your diet.

Me too. I grew up on Mexican and Cajun food. So, hot was not a problem. But I have to be very careful anymore with plain old pepper. Anything more than a tad and I'm toast. I cannot tolerate chili powder at all. PP mentioned slowly introducing it back into your diet. I got my "leaky gut" healed and I have only been able to add the plain pepper back into foods but, still, only a tad. I wish you better luck.

Before celiac I had this problem & it turned out to be gallbladder issues!

Are any of you sensitive to nightshades? Peppers and paprika are nightshades.

one of my celiac consequences is GERD--and spicy food will have me swallowing acid for hours. i avoid at all costs.

I have the nightshade allergies. No peppers of any kind. I can't eat anything with black pepper in it for sure. I get D and/or vomiting within 15 minutes. Black pepper is something I knew I couldn't eat since I was 8 years old.