minniejack

Nate's 3 Cheese Taquitos

Rate this topic

I looked everywhere for some reviews on Nate's 3 Cheese Taquitos, but couldn't find any. So...I had to buy an entire box from my co-op. Aargh...Now we have to eat $50 worth of this crap to get rid of it.

4 gluten-free eaters and 2 non gluten-free teens thought these were gross and to give them to the dogs. One girl wouldn't even eat her 2nd one. We even tried to doctor them up with salsa, sour cream and more cheese. We just couldn't get past the cheese squirting weirdly into your mouth.

The cheese was a weird consistency (think: lumpy and gritty--reminds you of the 1st time you tried to make a cheese sauce, but failed miserably!) and had very little flavor. I only bought them for something quick to eat for after school.

Save yourself some money.

Buy tortilla chips and throw some cheddar or velveeta and salsa on them and nuke for a minute.

I looked everywhere for some reviews on Nate's 3 Cheese Taquitos, but couldn't find any. So...I had to buy an entire box from my co-op. Aargh...Now we have to eat $50 worth of this crap to get rid of it.

4 gluten-free eaters and 2 non gluten-free teens thought these were gross and to give them to the dogs. One girl wouldn't even eat her 2nd one. We even tried to doctor them up with salsa, sour cream and more cheese. We just couldn't get past the cheese squirting weirdly into your mouth.

The cheese was a weird consistency (think: lumpy and gritty--reminds you of the 1st time you tried to make a cheese sauce, but failed miserably!) and had very little flavor. I only bought them for something quick to eat for after school.

Save yourself some money.

Buy tortilla chips and throw some cheddar or velveeta and salsa on them and nuke for a minute.

We don't eat cheese, but you may be able to make them into a casserole to make the edible. Layer them with some meat, ground beef or chicken, perhaps with chili powder to season, and some salsa and olives. Maybe. Just maybe.

I used up 2 boxes by adding a ton of salsa and more cheese. A tad more palatable.

But :( still not the quick snack that I had envisioned for an after school snack.