glutenfreegal

Hi! New Here!

Rate this topic

Hello! My name is Alicia in live in PA and I was recently diagnosed with Celiacs. I have been struggling for YEARS. I was admitted to the hospital several years ago for an 11 pound weight loss in 3 days due to severe diarrhea but was told I had a stomach bug. I have always been food sensative...in fact a doctor told my parents when I was 9 that it was red meat that was bothering my sensative belly...so I am now 33 and have not had a drop of red meat since age 9. About 1 year ago I got fed up and started my quest to feel better.

1 year later I am almost there. I have been gluten free for 13 days. For the first time in my life I went 2 days w/o going to the bathroom (ahem..#2)...I am not suffering from bloat...not so tired that I could fall asleep at the wheel....Each day I feel alittle better. I LOVE to cook so I have to redo my pantry a bit..lol. But that is ok!!!

So anyway...just want to say HI! ;)

Hi Alicia and a BIG welcome. If we can help you in anyway...just let us know. ;)

Hi Alicia and a BIG welcome. If we can help you in anyway...just let us know. ;)

Thanks! I am looking forward to meeting some people and hope to find a support group nearby...I kinda had a breakdown the other day when I couldnt enjoy dessert after Sunday dinner. So I think maybe I would benefit from some support!

There are defined stages of dealing with Celiac.

At first, I was confused and had to learn what Celiac Disease was after my diagnosis. Then, I felt a sense of relief that I did not have a life threatening disease.

And I remember standing in the middle of the isle in the grocery story and getting so angry with my eyes filling with tears.

The learning curve is very steep, but many, many good people here helped me make my way through this struggle.

There are many support groups around the country. What city are you near and I will pass on some support links. But, this is the best one around.

Welcome!

I had a breakdown over pizza... :lol: We've all been there, probably a couple of times. This place was a huge help for me. Glad you found us!!!

this is the best one around.

So very true! ;)

Hi Alicia, and welcome. This forum has literally saved my life. There is much good advice, humor, and most importantly, understanding and community. What other group of poeple could you freely talk about poo but us! I'm 9 months gluten free and soooo much better. Ask questions, even if they seem stupid. Someone here will have the answer. Good luck.