jasonD2

Need Gluten & Dairy Free Protein/energy Bars

Rate this topic

can anyone recommend energy bars that are completely free of dairy & gluten (soy would be nice too)

thanks

We have seen these at our local health food store:

trio bars(yummy)

bumblebars(look good)

larabars(i like, some dont)

kind bars

Larabars, Bumble Bars, thinkGreen, PranaBars and Kind bars are gluten free (some of these are also dairy free, but check carefully). Try your local Whole Foods store.

Personally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kind bars - they actually have whole nuts and large chunks of dried fruit in them - and they are crunchy! I'm not a fan of those weird gummy non-crunchy bars. I absolutely hated the Bumble Bars - one bite, needed to wash out my mouth with water. Larabars and pranaBars are ok (taste good, icky texture). I have a bunch of thinkGreens, but I haven't had one.

Dairy-free?

The PranaBar I have in front of me claims to be vegan.

The thinkGreen bar contains milk.

The Larabar in front of me is soy and dairy free, but I am not sure they all are. You're gonna have to check.

Kind bars vary. I don't have any right now, but I recall that some have dairy, some don't. I don't recall on the soy.

Kind and Lara bars are easily found in grocery/health stores in my area. Harry's (Whole Foods) carries Bumble Bars, Mrs. Mays and a few others. I prefer Kind Bars hands down. Some of them do have soy so if that's an issue for you you'll need to read the labels.

Lara bars rock my socks!

Also, Oskri bars are great www.oskri.com

You can also make your own! I make these Dashew bars that Bernice Mast posted on Gluten Free examiner, and they are not only super tasty, but they're very simple to make. I've modified her recipe just a bit, adding some toasted, unsweetened coconut, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. I usually keep one of these stashed in my bag, for whenever I need an easy snack, or if I'm stranded somewhere and am unsure of whether there's safe food nearby.

where can u buy the oskri barS?

you can buy them online. i just happen to live about a half mile from the manufacturing plant/store :P