nu_to_no_glu

Doctors To Avoid (for Celiac And Intolerance)

Rate this topic

I've been wanting to start a thread to help others, like so many here, that go from Dr to Dr looking for answers. We spend so much time and money to get support. I want to mention that I'm not bashing any dr, but I wish I could have looked on here and seen if anyone else had met these Drs and whether they knew anything about celiac. So here are my suggestions:

In Kansas, these Drs are not well versed in celiac/gluten intolerance (but are in other GI issues):

Dr. Eaker

Dr. Buser

Dr. Pravin Patel

I've been wanting to start a thread to help others, like so many here, that go from Dr to Dr looking for answers. We spend so much time and money to get support. I want to mention that I'm not bashing any dr, but I wish I could have looked on here and seen if anyone else had met these Drs and whether they knew anything about celiac. So here are my suggestions:

In Kansas, these Drs are not well versed in celiac/gluten intolerance (but are in other GI issues):

Dr. Eaker

Dr. Buser

Dr. Pravin Patel

In my opinion this is Dr. Bashing. I look to this site for support, and questions ie: product information, new rest info. I do not wish to be part of a web site that will bash doctors for not being versed in Celiac. This is something that a lot of docs are still learning about. It is good to vent regarding something. But to personally name someone is wrong. You have no idea if they have a relative or loved one or a patient on this site.

I hear what you both are saying, but if one Dr. is better than another it helps one from wasting their time. It's not that he or she is saying these are bad doctors. They may just be saying that they aren't as experienced with celiac disease as we would want them to be. :)

Ooh, that wasn't the intention at all, if you notice I said that they are very well informed drs, just not as informed in celiac disease. I was trying to be helpful to those who are searching and have limited time and funds, it's not an easy disease and many are not as specialized, hopefully, this won't be the case for long. I don't see it as "bashing" at all, and appologize if you see it that way.

Since America is the country of lawsuits, my opinion would be to change the thread to "doctors who are knowledgeable" and maybe come at it that way. Of course, it's not slander if it's the truth, and I am not the biggest fan of many western docs. I completely understand that your intentions are very good. Just my two cents.