DVjorge

Non Celiac Gluten Intolerant?

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

Thanks all you one more time. I am in the process I have more questions than answers. It looks like I am gluten intolerant (no sure about Celiac) One of my questions is to be gluten intolerant you must have one of the genes, I mean DQ-2 or DQ-8 ? I am not sure if this only apply to Celiac or any case. I want to order the genetic test but I don't want to waste money at this time. Does the Enterolab stool test is more reliable than Celiac blood panel?

My main symptoms are abdominal pain, loud intestinal sounds, undigested food in my stool, lack of energy, depresion, loose and pencil like stool formations. Does anybody familiar with those symptoms?

Thanks for your help, God bless you....

George.

Does the Enterolab stool test is more reliable than Celiac blood panel?

My husband, who for many years experienced all of the symptoms you mentioned having yourself, had a "negative" blood panel and a "negative" biopsy. By this time, I had been living with celiac for a while and was fairly high up the learning curve......so, knowing about the incidence of false negatives with both of these testing procedures, I pushed him to spring for the Enterolab stool testing.

And lo and behold, there were the antibodies. LOTS of them. His stool was also very fatty, another sign of intolerance.

He gave up gluten, and his symptoms were gone in a month.

Hi guys,

Thanks all you one more time. I am in the process I have more questions than answers. It looks like I am gluten intolerant (no sure about Celiac) One of my questions is to be gluten intolerant you must have one of the genes, I mean DQ-2 or DQ-8 ? I am not sure if this only apply to Celiac or any case. I want to order the genetic test but I don't want to waste money at this time. Does the Enterolab stool test is more reliable than Celiac blood panel?

In north america the DQ-2 and DQ-8 are the "celiac genes", other countries recognize other genes (I believe Ravenwoodglass mentions that the DQ-9 is recognized in Japan as celiac).....at this point on the enterolab site all of the rest of the genes (except DQ-4) are identified as "gluten intolerant"

so to answer your question if you are gluten intolerant you may have any of the genes in combination or doubled up (like mine, see sig below)