kimis

Help Me Pick A Vitamin......please

Rate this topic

I can't take it anymore! I just want to find a gluten free, multi vitamin, multi mineral, natural, low iron vitamin. I would also like it if it was soy and dairy free :D

Country Life and Now are the two brands that come to mind. They are the brands I use most often.

I agree with the recommendation of Country Life and NOW Foods. Search their websites for the things you're looking for. However, since not everything we need fits into one capsule, I'd recommend getting some things separately. So for example, things we need large amounts of such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc might be better obtained in separate supplements. Others are co-enzyme B-complex, a separate B12, and possibly Vitamin D3. I find that the best multivitamins just don't pack a lot of certain things.

I ended up getting a multi just for the B-complex in it, because those are practically the only ones it has in meaningful amounts. Then separate minerals, methyl B12, and D3. I just started using a D3 which has vitamin K2 in it, just to see if it helps with anything.

I tend to use Rainbow Light. While I don't use a low iron one (I'm female, I'm low in iron stores, and I'm pregnant! I cook in a cast iron pan whenever I can!), the Men's One has no iron, and a good mix of the rest.

http://www.rainbowlight.com/Categories~Cat...c7606ea87e.html

I tend to use Rainbow Light. While I don't use a low iron one (I'm female, I'm low in iron stores, and I'm pregnant! I cook in a cast iron pan whenever I can!), the Men's One has no iron, and a good mix of the rest.

http://www.rainbowlight.com/Categories~Cat...c7606ea87e.html

I just started my 14 yr old son, whose face cleared up somewhat since being gluten-free for almost one year, on the Rainbow light brand. It's only been one week and I just remarked minutes ago that his face already cleared up!

He pretends to gag every time he takes one and complain about the smell. But I got a can of ginger out of the cupboard and showed him that these pills smell exactly like ginger--his favorite Chinese spice.

I bought mine through Amazon. I plan on switching to that brand as soon as I'm finished with my current bottle.