jenniferp32

Does This Sound Like Celiac?

Rate this topic

I know something's wrong with me, but I'm not sure what. I am waiting to go to the doctors, but until then I figured I'd research some things. Here are my symptoms:

-severely bloated stomach after I eat...all day, but in the morning it seems to go down a bit, but generally always bloated. I look like i'm pregnant.

-burpy/gassy alll the time.

-elimnated dairy, so I know that's not a contributing factor

-always tired/weak

-constipated at times

Maybe I'm wrong or crazy, but I really believe there's something wrong with me. Thanks!

I know something's wrong with me, but I'm not sure what. I am waiting to go to the doctors, but until then I figured I'd research some things. Here are my symptoms:

-severely bloated stomach after I eat...all day, but in the morning it seems to go down a bit, but generally always bloated. I look like i'm pregnant.

-burpy/gassy alll the time.

-elimnated dairy, so I know that's not a contributing factor

-always tired/weak

-constipated at times

Maybe I'm wrong or crazy, but I really believe there's something wrong with me. Thanks!

Those are fairly typical celiac disease symptoms. If you can't get a doctor's appointment soon you might want to try going gluten-free for a few days to see if it helps. Of course, you need to keep eating gluten to make sure the blood tests are accurate, so if you get an appointment in the very near future, stay on gluten. If you don't have a specific gastroenterologist in mind, you might benefit from searching the Doctors forum on this board with the name of your hometown to see if anyone has had a good experience with a doctor in your community.

Welcome to the board, and best of luck to you.