marijoy

How Long Does It Take To Feel Better?

Rate this topic

I started the gluten free diet 3 days ago. So far, I don't feel any better. I am still getting really bloated when I eat. How long does it typically take to feel better?

Could take up to a month or 2 to really notice a change. Also keep in mind your body is going into defense mode since its so used to having gluten...your symptoms may actually get worse before they disappear. For now just eat foods that are easy to digest and take supplements that nourish the intestines such as glutamine & aloe

Healing time really varies from person to person. You will respond best to natural whole foods that you prepare yourself for now. Meats, beans, potatoes, fruits and vegetables are best. Use one ingredient spices and keep a food journal. That way if another food is affecting you, you'll notice it right away. Once you have this kind of eating mastered and you are feeling better, maybe a month or so, then add new foods one at a time, every few days. Note that in your journal and jot down how each food makes you feel. You will feel better but give it more time. Our bodies sometimes rebel.