GFPamela

Anyone Have Info On Sacroiliitis & Celiac?

Rate this topic

Yesterday I found info relating celiac disease and sacroiliac joint dysfunction. One study showed 64% of celiacs have sacroiliitis and another gave a 70% figure. I just about fell over, because my gastrointestinal symptoms began at about the same time as major SI joint problems. No hurry to respond, but would be interested to hear from others regarding this issue.

Yesterday I found info relating celiac disease and sacroiliac joint dysfunction. One study showed 64% of celiacs have sacroiliitis and another gave a 70% figure. I just about fell over, because my gastrointestinal symptoms began at about the same time as major SI joint problems. No hurry to respond, but would be interested to hear from others regarding this issue.

About 3 years ago I started having lower back pain around the tail bone. X-rays showed arthritis. Last year I had pain in my legs that started in my groin area and went down my thighs. I was diagnosed with celiac a year ago from blood tests and then from a biopsy about 6 weeks ago.

I'll have to search the net for more information because I did not know there could be a correlation.

Thanks

My husband and I both had major problems with our sacroiliac joints before diagnosis, with many chiropractic visits. Of course, we had both been in MV accidents, and would never have thought of connecting it with celiac. :unsure:

I was diagnosed with SI joint arthritis about 4 - 5 years ago. My tests are coming back normal for celiac. Still waiting on the genetic and the biopsy of my rash.

Can you include the link to the article you read?

Stef

My husband and I both had major problems with our sacroiliac joints before diagnosis, with many chiropractic visits. Of course, we had both been in MV accidents, and would never have thought of connecting it with celiac. :unsure:

I had fallen very hard on my backside when roller skating years ago when I was a teenager and I attributed it to that.

I was diagnosed with SI joint arthritis about 4 - 5 years ago. My tests are coming back normal for celiac. Still waiting on the genetic and the biopsy of my rash.

Can you include the link to the article you read?

Stef

Yes, here are the two I found.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/38xv4347u54664l0/

http://www.springerlink.com/content/35567q1280851702/