vampkestrel

Celiac's Or Something Else....?

Rate this topic

Have you brought these symotoms to the attention of your doctor and insisted that they do a full work up for other autoimmune diseases? Autoimmune diseases can come more than one at a time. The weakness that goes away in an short time and the blue arm and leg are the most concerning to me. Especially if you already know you are prone to blood clots these symptoms should not be ignored. If possible the next time these occur you should be seen while the symptoms are active.

well i currently see my gp, a neurolgist, and a rhemalogist (please forgive spelling there) it finally took me insisting my gp to test for celiac disease to even get that diagnosis other then that they say they have no idea and without swelling it's propably not a blood clot. oh for the record i'm a 27 year old female... it's very frustrating over all since none of my docs know what's going on and i have to rely more on diagnosing my self and the demanding the tests to back it up.

Extreme sensitivity to sunlight and heat intolerance. I had a cousin who started out with these symptoms. Have you been checked for Lupus? That is an autoimmune disease that runs along with Celiac and Thyroid problems.

yes i a few times my ana is always a little off but they said not enough for lupus. I also had a crazy high sed rate but i'm guessing the ana and sed could just be part of celiac disease as well since apparently my doctors have no clue....sigh...my mother does have lupus though but it's not suppose to be hereditary per se

yes i a few times my ana is always a little off but they said not enough for lupus. I also had a crazy high sed rate but i'm guessing the ana and sed could just be part of celiac disease as well since apparently my doctors have no clue....sigh...my mother does have lupus though but it's not suppose to be hereditary per se

I had a high sed rate and a CRP of 81; neither of these figures budged on a gluten free diet or on the standard DMARD drugs for rheumatoid arthritis. It was only when I started taking Humira, a TNF inhibitor, for my psoriatic arthritis, that my CRP dropped to normal. Sed rate and CRP are both measures of inflammation, and I had been telling myself that my inflammation was coming from my gut and from my other food intolerances that flared into itchy rashes, but t'weren't so.

Your crazy high sed rate needs to be investigated further IMHO.

ah yes me too i thought the sed rate was from my intestines and my doc said it "propably" was but he doesn't know anyting about celicas other then to send off for a blood test.