kaki_clam

Depression?

Rate this topic

I feel like crying all the time, especially when i eat. I read all this stuff that people with this disease are thin and I am over weight. I feel sick all the time now...and i have only been gluten free for one week....how will i ever make it the rest of my life?

It gets easier. You might be experiencing gluten withdrawal. I think I did. Hang in there. Lots of celiacs are overweight, don't worry about that.

I'm an overweight celiac, there are lots of us! Depression is common when you eat gluten and when are healing from it. It will get better. Make sure you support your damaged body with good food and vitamins. That can help the sadness a lot. You need a B complex plus a seperate sublingual B12 methyl type, a multivitamin, magnesium and fish oil. These will help you heal and feel normal again.

Depression is very common with Celiac.

Most seratonin (80-90%) is found in our digestive tract and an imbalance of seratonin causes depression. As Celiac affects the digetive tract, it makes sense for depression to be a comon symptom of Celiac.

Depression was one of my major symptoms and when I accidentaly ingest gluten, I fall back into a pit of darkness for a few days... usually around the 4th day, the depression starts to lift and I "normal" again.

Hang in there, it will get better. Make sure you have eliminated EVERY little tinsy tiny bit of gluten from your diet. If you don't get better within a few weeks I would denifitly get a fup with your doc.

Hope you feel better soon.