bevjen

Enterolab

Rate this topic

Just wondering if this is really all old news or does anyone use this lab?

I read a lot of old posts where the lab was controversial. I see it is still in operation, and I did have some tests run by them, now I don't know how to present it to my doctor as I don't think he'll be very receptive to the results?

Any suggestions or new feelings on the legitamacy of this particular lab?

I guess I should say that is the antigliadin stool sample tests that I am questioning, not the genetic testing.

If you have read some of the threads here, you know tht it's a frequent topic here.

Many people here have used Enterolab after their Celiac Panel and Endoscopy exams were inconclusive. For some, it's a piece of the puzzle.

If you are looking for a diagnosis for Celiac, that's not what they do. Some here, are please with their results for food sensitivity.

I, personally, have never seen an independent study as to the accuracy of their stool testing.

Dr. Fine's research has yet to be submitted for peer review, so can't tell ya.

Were you statisfied with your results?

Just wondering if this is really all old news or does anyone use this lab?

I read a lot of old posts where the lab was controversial. I see it is still in operation, and I did have some tests run by them, now I don't know how to present it to my doctor as I don't think he'll be very receptive to the results?

Any suggestions or new feelings on the legitamacy of this particular lab?

Go ahead and give the results to your doctor. Some are becoming more accepting of stool testing. If your tests were postive for antibodies and the diet helps you the doctor may go ahead and give you a 'diagnosis' of celiac or gluten intolerance.

My doctor accepted the gene and stool test, along with positive response to gluten-free diet. I just gave her the printed pages and told her that these were the tests that I had done with an independent lab. She may have been more accepting of this due to my lack of insurance and knowing that I'm paying for everything out of pocket. Not sure. But she did accept them.

She seemed quite impressed with all my research.

I'm guessing it depends on the doctor and how you approach them.

Well, I did take the test to my daughter's neurologist. She has some neurological issues as well and since there seems to be an obvious connection between celiac and some specific related neuro things, I thought he may be interested.

NOT!

He refused to even talk to me about it, he told me that there is no connection whatsoever between the two and that I was driving him crazy.

I don't know now if I should even bother with the gastroenterologist. I think I should just go gluten-free and forget about the doctors. It would help for school thought if I could have a document from a doctor saying she cannot be given gluten.

Needless to say, I am seeing a new neuro as well, already have a scheduled appt. in Dec. Hopefully he won't be so uninformed.

Well, I did take the test to my daughter's neurologist. She has some neurological issues as well and since there seems to be an obvious connection between celiac and some specific related neuro things, I thought he may be interested.

NOT!

He refused to even talk to me about it, he told me that there is no connection whatsoever between the two and that I was driving him crazy.

I don't know now if I should even bother with the gastroenterologist. I think I should just go gluten-free and forget about the doctors. It would help for school thought if I could have a document from a doctor saying she cannot be given gluten.

Needless to say, I am seeing a new neuro as well, already have a scheduled appt. in Dec. Hopefully he won't be so uninformed.

It might help if you do a search using the words neurological and celiac. There is definately neuro impact for some celiacs, gluten ataxia is only one example. Do print out peer reviewed articles not stuff off of someplace like Wikipedia. Here is a link to one good one

http://Spammers Use This To Link To Spam.com/?Brain-And-Neurol...t&id=904155

Yeah, I only took actual pub med journals, as well as Dr. Fines's patent information. He is just

an almost retired doc who doesn't want to bother with us.

My doctor accepted my enterolab gene test results. He brushed me off a year ago when my blood test was negative but when I recently went back to him with my enterolab report he was fascinated. He said he would diagnose me based on the gene results, a positive response to the diet, and the fact my son has biopsy proven Celiac.