jasonD2

Are Gluten Enzymes Useful?

Rate this topic

im going to france in a few weeks and am planning on playing it super safe, but u feel like its inevitable that im gonna get gluten in my body. are those gluten enzymes useful ? if i take them before meals that are supposed to be gluten-free, will they destroy any gluten cross contaminatiion?

thx

im going to france in a few weeks and am planning on playing it super safe, but u feel like its inevitable that im gonna get gluten in my body. are those gluten enzymes useful ? if i take them before meals that are supposed to be gluten-free, will they destroy any gluten cross contaminatiion?

thx

Well medically speaking I'm not sure but I take them fairly often when i eat away from home and from what I can tell I still react to accidental gluten but in general the syptoms are a bit milder and I feel better a bit faster thought it's not much think the difference between pnemonia and the flu you feel awful during both but the flu is just a little less awful and ends a little sooner. Specifically I take L-Glutamine

What "gluten enzymes" are you referring to? I wasn't aware of enzyme supplements or medication/treatment that enables celiacs to "neutralize" Glutenin and Gliadin, the proteins that make up gluten. Would be nice though. :P

L-Glutamine is a single amino acid, not an enzyme. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamine

There is NOTHING that neutrilizes gluten L-Glutamine just helps heal the intestines a bit faster so that your reaction isn't quite a severe as far as amino acids and enzymes go I honestly have no idea of the difference since it doesn't say on the bottom what it is I just know it helps some

They work wonderfully for me. I did a 3.5 mth world cruise and rarely got glutened. I ate them before almost every meal. Next month I'm leaving on another 1 mth trip to Europe and will take enough to have some before every meal. I use Enzymedica GlutenEase and Digest Gold.

Cheers!

Michelle