Rate this topic

I have coeliacs but still suffering from fat malabsorption and bone issues even though been gluten free for months. I never drink alcohol because of my stomach problems but I am going to have a little drink and just wondered which is the best alcohol to drink. I was thinking of drinking vodka and wondered if this would be okay and also what drink could I add to it. Thank you very much.

Yeah vodkas usually safe thats what I usually drink. I'm not 100% sure if all vodkas are gluten free but I know most are. Smirinov is for sure so I just stick with that. I usually mix it with sprite and a bit of water. Other then that most hard liquors are gluten free, one I know of for sure is Gin. Gin and tonic's always a safe bet and all wines are also gluten free.

I have coeliacs but still suffering from fat malabsorption and bone issues even though been gluten free for months. I never drink alcohol because of my stomach problems but I am going to have a little drink and just wondered which is the best alcohol to drink. I was thinking of drinking vodka and wondered if this would be okay and also what drink could I add to it. Thank you very much.

http://www.celiac.com/articles/222/1/Glute...ages/Page1.html

I love red wine :) If I were going for vodka, I would have a screwdriver (vodka w/ 100% pure orange juice). Vodka can go with almost anything: cranberry juice is another nice option. Enjoy whatever you decide.

Cheers,

Jillian

I only do potato vodkas. They claim many of the grain ones are ok because of the distillation, but I swear if I drink even a few sips of a grain vodka, I fell out of it, but I can drink a glass of potato vodka & be just fine. Some wines are ok, but some places uses wine in the barrels, etc. So I always check online before i try anything.

Smirnoff vodka is made entirely from corn. There are other beverages with the Smirnoff brand name which are not gluten-free. In particular, Smirnoff Ice is usually malted barley, not distilled corn (it varies from state to state and country to county based on local law).

I'm very sensitive and have not had a problem with wine. I've had wines from all over the world.

I tend to stay away from the mixed drinks. Mixed drinks have caused me problems on at 3 occasions in recent memory. Not pretty.

I've decided wine or gluten-free beer when available.

Wine is my choice when dining out. No worries there.

Thanks for all your replies. It is most appreciated.