scoobydoobydoo

What Do You Do

Rate this topic

??

have any tips and tricks to make the gluten pass through your system quicker or lessen the immune reaction? anything in particular you do to relax and take your mind off the glutening?

I start drinking water, it seems to help me, then if possible I go lie down and try to go to sleep with a heating pad on my tummy.

Me too. It's only happened once at a restaurant, where I was told as soon as I swallowed the bite, that my server was wrong and there was gluten in it. I drank lots of water to almost 'dilute' the food, and in its tiny amount, I avoided the stomache bloating and discomfort.. I think even the dh if I remember correctly.

However, all the water in the world doesn't change my other symptoms of muscle aches, chills, migraine, etc.. it only seems to remedy the bloating, if I drink immediately.

Eliminating all dairy from my diet for a week or two will significantly reduce (but not eliminate) the symptoms of glutening for me. The worse the glutening, the longer it takes. I ditch dairy for a few days even if I don't know I've been contaminated but know there's a chance; like if I eat in a "new" restaurant or at someone else's house. That way I don't get violently ill even if I do have a reaction.

-Elizabeth

My reactions are all in my skin, joints, mouth(gums) and my brain... and no... there is no stopping it. :(

I just hold onto my hat and ride it out. My immune system remains in high gear even on the diet (I have other disorders, too). There is not stopping the disaster for me....except to be even more vigilant about food, and deal. Hopefully for you it's short-term and not too hard to get through :)

benedryl - hot water, cherry juice, maple syrup, Miralax tonic - allergy cream on my spots and in the creases around my nose if they itch or burn

I promise never to do that again, ever ever....

??

have any tips and tricks to make the gluten pass through your system quicker or lessen the immune reaction? anything in particular you do to relax and take your mind off the glutening?

Since one of my symptoms is becoming hungry from it, what I did was I'd grab other food. I noticed that certain food tended to reduce the symptoms faster than other food. A certain brand of popcorn (Herr's) did it for some reason, as did M&Ms. Other food didn't have as much of an effect.

And I'm talking about it helping the neuro symptoms (brain frog, etc.) as well. In fact, the Herr's Popcorn helped it tremendously. That was before I even realized I had gluten intolerance, or what was happening.

Btw, I'd bought chewable L-Glutamine tablets. I hear that L-Glutamine can help you recover well, and from experience, I can tell you that fish REALLY helps a lot. Having flounder for dinner totally undid my nasty symptoms that I'd been having one day.