TEaglefeather

Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Rate this topic

I read this and was wondering if anyone has ever had these on there feet ? Because my husband gets these on his feet only and he has been checked for diabeties and doesn't have that..

Dermatitis Herpetiformis (DH) is skin manifestation of celiac disease characterized by blistering, intensely itchy skin. The rash has a symmetrical distribution and is most frequently found on the face, elbows, knees and buttocks. DH patients can have gastrointestinal damage without perceptible symptoms.

I read this and was wondering if anyone has ever had these on there feet ? Because my husband gets these on his feet only and he has been checked for diabeties and doesn't have that..

Dermatitis Herpetiformis (DH) is skin manifestation of celiac disease characterized by blistering, intensely itchy skin. The rash has a symmetrical distribution and is most frequently found on the face, elbows, knees and buttocks. DH patients can have gastrointestinal damage without perceptible symptoms.

Hi again,

As I said in my reply to your previous topic,

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=61915

my husband has had it almost everywhere.....but I didn't actually specify his feet. He has DH on his feet right now, on the top of them extending onto his ankles.

Where does your husband have blisters? On the tops or bottoms of his feet? Do they turn purple as they heal?

JoAnn