Wolicki

What Tests Do I Need To Ask For?

Rate this topic

Hi All,

I was diagnosed with Celiac a little more than 2 months ago. Unfortunately, none of my current doctors know anything about it. I have an appointment with new Gastroenterologist, that is supposed to be knowledgeable, but I am skeptical.

Can someone tell me what I need to have checked? I think probably vitamins and minerals (specific test to ask for?), thyroid, adrenal.....anything else? If anyone knows of a link or anything that lists all the things that the primary doctor is supposed to check, I would appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

You should be checked for vit. b 12, TSH, iron and vit. D at a minimum. If you have been sick for a long time, you need all the fat soluable vitamins checked, A, D, E and K. You should also have a bone density done.

You should be checked for vit. b 12, TSH, iron and vit. D at a minimum. If you have been sick for a long time, you need all the fat soluable vitamins checked, A, D, E and K. You should also have a bone density done.

Thanks so much!

I wasn't checked for all of the vitamins you mentioned, but I did start taking a multi vitamin. Is that good enough?

I wasn't checked for all of the vitamins you mentioned, but I did start taking a multi vitamin. Is that good enough?

What I have learned (from this site, not from a doc, they dont seem to know) is that we should take a good gluten-free multi, magnesium, B Complex, especially B12, probiotics and enzymes. I got one of those "senior citizen vitamin cases" with the am slot and pm slot for each day of the week to keep track :rolleyes:

If they didn't already, you should be checked for anemia, which should include checking your ferritin levels.