marijoy

Got My Blood Test Results

Rate this topic

I received my blood test results on Friday. They were all negative. So, this means I for sure don't have a gluten issue right? I'm not sure about this because after I got the test results, I was happy I could go back to a normal diet so I ate pizza and breadsticks. That was on Saturday and I have been in pain ever since! I had only been gluten free for a week prior. Here are the test results:

IGE-SERUM - 95

TTG AB-IGA NEGATIVE (3)

TTG AB-IGG NEGATIVE (5)

GLIADIN AB IGA NEGATIVE (3)

GLIADIN AB IGG NEGATIVE (4)

I'm not sure what these all mean, but they all state "negative"

Please don't go off just blood tests. There are lots of false negatives and doctors going off blood tests and not looking any farther caused me a great deal of lost years and pain.

What you did by going gluten free and then going back to gluten was a gluten challenge. In your case it appears to have been positive. If you are going to persue an endoscopy you need to go back to eating gluten until that is done. If you are not going to have one go back to the diet.

Were you eating gluten-free when your blood test was taken?

No, I was not eating gluten free at the time of the test. Thanks for the advice, ladies!

They did not run the IgA serum, which would help determine the accuracy of your IgA based results.

None of the tests are perfect. You may still have a problem with gluten, even if it isn't Celiac.