grannykan

Reuse Containers?

Rate this topic

I am newly diagnosed with Celiac Disease, and am trying to get my kitchen under control. Thankfully my husband has agreed to "eat with me", so that is making it 100 times easier !! What I was wondering is if it would be okay to reuse my flour containers if I clean them up really good?

Depends on what material was used to make them. And then it depends on how well you clean them.

My guidelines are if they are glass or ceramic they should be fine once cleaned very well. Plastic or metal, probably not since they may have a seam where gluten can hide. I figure if the seam is something I can slide my fingernail into I don't use it but I have very thin fingernails.

I would and did buy new ones.

My lingering symptoms began improving when I started to buy my own pans and containers.

I would use this as an excuse to get some new kitchen goodies.

Much depends on how sensitive you are. Gluten can affect some on a molecular level!

Ken

I am newly diagnosed with Celiac Disease, and am trying to get my kitchen under control. Thankfully my husband has agreed to "eat with me", so that is making it 100 times easier !! What I was wondering is if it would be okay to reuse my flour containers if I clean them up really good?

I did not keep my Tupperware flour container. I did keep my glass candy containers with glass stoppers that I had kept pasta in.