kimis

Aetna Says What?

Rate this topic

Two years ago, Aetna flat out denied a individual health insurance policy for my then 4 year son because he had celiac (with no complications). At the time they said celiac is cause for automatic denial regardless of the situation.

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIH/408/408.html

Is this article saying my life may be shorter regardless of my gluten free lifestyle?

I'm sure there's some merrit to the article, but my Mom lived into her 80's un-diagnose.. My sister and I are both convinced that she had celiac disease when we were growing up... My Mon was seen by a Johns Hopkins Doctor in her late 70's who was sure she had Rickets when she was growing up @ an early age... Just more proof that she had celiac disease most of her life...

Is this article saying my life may be shorter regardless of my gluten free lifestyle?

I don't think it is saying that at all. When you read further into the article, they explain what happens to an undiagnosed celiac...which is true, celiac/gluten intolerance can shorten your life if you do not know you have it. It's just an informative article, telling the symptoms to watch for, if you have any of the symptoms, ask your doctor about being tested.