Rate this topic

I will be hearing from the Dr. tomorrow on the results of my ds' blood work.

I have had many medical issues with both my dc, and have always had the "Mommy Instincts" to guide me through them. I can honestly say that I do not have them with me for this one. I truly don't know what the result will be. Ds' symptoms have waxed and waned since being put back on gluten. I think this is what is clouding my ability to know if something is truly wrong with him. I hate not having the 6th sense of knowing, KWIM?

I guess I'll have the answers tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me what the number should be for a normal blood panel? As well as what indicates Celiacs?

Also has anyone else had to pay out of pocket for the blood test? We had to pay $150.00. Kind of hard to swallow, especially when there is the possibility of it not being positive.

I just got back my son's results for the celiacs. We havent gotten the bill yet from Quest so I dont know how much we will have to pay. I havent even got the insurance eob yet. So, I cant help you there. For the genetic blood test, it depends on the child's age. For my son who is 14 months, the negative is a 24 to 100 and something. He was an 18-so he tested postive. My son was already on a gluten free diet, so that test he tested negative on(not sure on the numbers). Hope that helps.

Can anyone tell me what the number should be for a normal blood panel? As well as what indicates Celiacs?

Your blood test range will vary from lab to lab. Post your results from your test here and some will intrepred your results.