Gfresh404

Could It Be Something Else Too?

Rate this topic

I have been gluten and dairy free (for the most part) for almost ten months now. And I am 19 so I should have healed up pretty quickly. But I notice I am still having issues with fats. I do not seem to be properly absorbing them, still. And I tend to get bloated with their consumption.

Did it take anyone else this long to have no issues with fats?

Or should I consider another disorder in addition with the gluten intolerance, maybe small bowel bacterial overgrowth?

I have been gluten and dairy free (for the most part) for almost ten months now. And I am 19 so I should have healed up pretty quickly. But I notice I am still having issues with fats. I do not seem to be properly absorbing them, still. And I tend to get bloated with their consumption.

Did it take anyone else this long to have no issues with fats?

Or should I consider another disorder in addition with the gluten intolerance, maybe small bowel bacterial overgrowth?

I can't remember, Gfresh, are you taking digestive enzymes. If not, I would suggest you do, if you are, I am "fresh" out of ideas. :o I am 12 months farther along than you and at your stage I was still using the enzymes; in fact only gave them up about five months ago.

I can't remember, Gfresh, are you taking digestive enzymes. If not, I would suggest you do, if you are, I am "fresh" out of ideas. :o I am 12 months farther along than you and at your stage I was still using the enzymes; in fact only gave them up about five months ago.

Hahah good one..

I've been on and off them. I'm on them right now, but my only issue with taking them is that sometimes food seems to digest too quickly (mainly carbs + fiber) and it tends to irritate my small intestine. Right now I am taking Pancreatin x 8 by Source Naturals.

What ones did you take?

I think I really only need pure lipase. I was wondering if a doctor would be able to prescribe that.

Hahah good one..

I've been on and off them. I'm on them right now, but my only issue with taking them is that sometimes food seems to digest too quickly (mainly carbs + fiber) and it tends to irritate my small intestine. Right now I am taking Pancreatin x 8 by Source Naturals.

What ones did you take?

I think I really only need pure lipase. I was wondering if a doctor would be able to prescribe that.

I think I would go to a naturopathic doctor for this. I find their assortment of supplements, although a bit pricier, has a much wider range of combination/solo ingredients. I took the full complement because stool tests showed I was not producing enough. The main one I took was by Integrative Therapeutics, called NutriVitamin Enzyme Complex.