post1234

Transglutaminas Iga

Rate this topic

Wondering if anyone can tell me if a result of 182 on the Transglutaminas IgA, combined with a 51 Gliadin IgG and a 64 Gliadin IgA is a confrimed diagnosis? Missed my Dr's calls today-but rec'd the results via my online chart.

Wondering if anyone can tell me if a result of 182 on the Transglutaminas IgA, combined with a 51 Gliadin IgG and a 64 Gliadin IgA is a confrimed diagnosis? Missed my Dr's calls today-but rec'd the results via my online chart.

Those numbers are very high but there should be a reference range on the test results which give normal ranges. My own results were about the same as these so I would say it looks like you'll be joining the club! ;) Your gliadin results show reaction to gluten in your blood stream, while your tTg results show intestinal damage. It's up to you whether or not you want to move on to a biopsy. Are you very symptomatic?

Those numbers are very high but there should be a reference range on the test results which give normal ranges. My own results were about the same as these so I would say it looks like you'll be joining the club! ;) Your gliadin results show reaction to gluten in your blood stream, while your tTg results show intestinal damage. It's up to you whether or not you want to move on to a biopsy. Are you very symptomatic?

The ranges are so low compared to my results....at least I know what the issue is! The fatigue has been the hardest--I am a runner and try and do 25-30 miles per week-over the last 6 months it's been awful---just tired! At least now I can start to move to the next part! Thanks for the post-!

Those numbers are high. If you are going to have an endo to confirm do not go gluten free yet. If you are not going to have the endo then go ahead and get started on the diet. Welcome to the board and ask any questions you need to.

The ranges are so low compared to my results....at least I know what the issue is! The fatigue has been the hardest--I am a runner and try and do 25-30 miles per week-over the last 6 months it's been awful---just tired! At least now I can start to move to the next part! Thanks for the post-!

I know that fatigue well but I can promise you that if you are a good doobie and eat well and entirely gluten-free, that will get so much better. It may take a little while for your body to recover but seeing as you are into fitness, it may happen faster than others. Be patient with all this but you will get better! :D

Thank you for the support! I am boggled now --as my PCP Dr. is "reluctant" to confirm the diagnosis based on the test results-I have been referred to a GI Dr. and look forward to the next steps--went Gluten Free yesterday and today-GI visit isn't for 2 weeks....if I stay Gluten free for a week and reintroduce within 5-7 days of the visit will that be enough?

Thank you for the support! I am boggled now --as my PCP Dr. is "reluctant" to confirm the diagnosis based on the test results-I have been referred to a GI Dr. and look forward to the next steps--went Gluten Free yesterday and today-GI visit isn't for 2 weeks....if I stay Gluten free for a week and reintroduce within 5-7 days of the visit will that be enough?

If you are going to go to a GI for an endo as confirmation stay on gluten until that testing is done. You want the best chance possible to not have a false negative for one thing and for another if you go gluten free for a bit and then try to reintroduce gluten for a week you may find your reaction even more severe than it is now. If you are celiac or gluten intolerant your body is likely to react strongly to your reintroducing it again.

I find your doctor's unwillingness to read a test report for what it shows simply appalling! Your test results are more than a weak positive, they are flamingly positive for Celiac Disease. But this is how the American system works. You do not need an endo for a diagnosis at this point but I can understand if you want to go for the works. Many people need to see it on paper in order to maintain a gluten-free diet.

I hope you can last another 2 weeks eating gluten before your appointment. I think they should have taken you in immediately..... I had the same experience, though, and it's the reason I refused the endo. It's a little hard to wait 2-3 weeks for an appointment with a GI when you are losing 1 pound per day! :blink:

Ravenwoodglass is correct....better to keep eating the stuff than stopping and starting again. Good luck!

Hi-

Official call from the GI--Celiac. No need for an endo-with the number exhibited. I have been gluten free for about 5 days---ab feels better--but still not "normal.' How long does it take to really feel "normal?" with a trans of 182--will it take longer?

Congratulations on your diagnosis. :)

Recovery time for each individual is, well, individual :) Some say the greater the damage the longer the recovery time. Others say the longer you have had symptoms, the longer the recovery time. Some people report miraculous results in 2-3 months, for others it takes 2-3 years. Let's just hope you are one of the quick recovery ones.

Now that you are officially diagnosed, you should have nutrient levels checked for deficiencies--iron, Vit. D, B12, folate for starters and as many other vitamins and minerals as you can talk your doc into because celiac is a disease of malabsorption and you are likely to be deficient in quite a few things. In the meantime, I would take a good multivitamin and multimineral, a sublingual B12 (methylcobalamin), and if you have digestive problems a digestive enzyme complex also. Don't forget to check that they are gluten free!