This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How Long Have U Had Cd?

wickedclown

wickedclown Newbie

hey i was diagnosed with celiac disease april 1999 and i wanted to know how long you ppl have been diagnosed

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

minibabe Contributor

I was diagnosed with celiac disease in December of 2004, but I was sick for about 3 years prior

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Almost 14 months!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I was diagnosed in January of 2004 but I was sick 2 years prior to that. I have been gluten free about 16 months

tarnalberry Community Regular

I figured it out in 2003, but I don't have many symptoms and I don't think I had it as a child....

celiac3270 Collaborator

Diagnosed in Feb. 2004, so I've been gluten-free for about 14 months...... I've had celiac disease much longer.

flagbabyds Collaborator

So I was diagnosed when I was 20 montsh old in 1992 so that would be 13 years+ :) Long time:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

stargirl Apprentice

I'm with Kaiti at 16 months but I was sick on off through my childhood.

yllehs91 Apprentice

Diagnosed 9/27/04 but had a few symptoms ever since i was about 3 or so...all the docs said I'd grow out of it....ha--sure ;)

ErraticBinxie Explorer

I am almost 18, have been gluten-free since I was 9.

The funny thing is that I always think about the last gluten thing I ate intentionally when I think about how long I have been gluten-free. I was in fourth grade. I ate some animal crackers. Never again did I intentionally eat gluten. What a lame thing to end my gluten-filled life with huh?

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I have always had Celiac Disease.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago, though.

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

I know I'm not a teenager, but I was diagnosed in November of 1997, right in the middle of college.

teeta Newbie

Hello i am almost 17 and was diagnosed when i was 2 by my mother so that is about 15 years

DoctorDave Newbie

Was diagnosed when I was 2 so about 21 years.....

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

OK, I'm not a teenager either. Does it count, when you look like one??? :P (hugs to all the baby-faces out there) I'm kind of self-diagnosed. My doc still doesn't really believe it. He's like: 'Ok, you're blood-levels were just slightly elevated and didn't show much and you had no biopsy. But, heck, if you feel better... just do what you want...and when you feel bad come back'. Other than the "Amstel light"-mistake I never felt bad again :P . So this "diagnosis" I got 07/21/04. But I suffered really severe for 7 years until anything came out. I also think, I had it all my life, but not as severe.

ianm Apprentice

I had symptoms that would come and go all of my life. In my mid-20's they started to become really severe. I didn't learn what was wrong until early 2004 at the age of 36 when I tried the Atkins diet. Dozens of doctors never once suggested a food intolerance. Since then my life has changed dramatically for the better. I am not the man I used to be at all and that is a GOOD thing.

kings-kid Newbie

I was diagnosed in 1999. I am also dairy intolerant, and have some problems with fruits as well

CrashLanden7 Newbie

This is my first post on the site, but I've been reading for a while. I live in Wyoming and feel like pretty much a loner up here. I am 20 years old and was diagnosed on my 14th birthday <_< , so... Gluten-Free for almost 7 years.

• 2 weeks later...
dyingboy Newbie

hey guys i just got diagnosed for celiac today, it kinda sucks because my parents cooked a big meal and i couldnt have it. :blink:

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I don't think it sucks. You will have to start cooking for yourself then.

My family would ahve their meals and I would make my own. I still make my own but now that my Mom and borther were diagnosed they eat glutenfree, too. I just prefer to cook my own food because I did before.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
hey guys i just got diagnosed for celiac today, it kinda sucks because my parents cooked a big meal and i couldnt have it. :blink:

We don't have it that bad..we can still have alot of really good foods..you'll get used to it and realize it's not so bad.

explodingmonkey Newbie

sorry for having the rude account name before as "dyingboy" i found it a little offensive

Archived