yoopergirl

Gluten-free Bread

Rate this topic

The bread recipe that I have raises to the top of the pan but it comes out of the oven only 2 1/2" high. Is this normal? Does anyone have a recipe that comes out like store bought bread? My husband doesn't like the texture of bread machine bread. Thank you.

Roxann

i have a favorite mix (sorry i know you said recipe)

pamela's wheat free bread mix is awesome!!! i have done it twice and have ahd very good results. this last time i messed up twice and cut the rise time in half and still it had good rise and texture and didnt fall on me!!! :D

i definitely recommend it. the package has directions for stand mixer (i use a hand mixer which works but i know that it is wearing my mixer out prematurely and it has breadmachine directions which i have not tried because i am afraid of my bread machine <_<

hope that helped a little

I'm Pamela's greatest bread mix fan. I make it into a loaf and slice for sandwiches... or make it into 9 or 10 rolls on a Silpat ... and I've even tried the bagel variation, which was the closest I've had to a real bagel since going gluten-free.

There are several excellent mixes available these days. But on this site is a good recipe Lorka's bread mix to make at home. It also has some good grains in the recipe. I have found you can't mess it up!. Pamela's, Anna's bread mix are both very good.

You also could try using 3 tbsp less water in the recipe you are using at present...hth

mamaw