twe0708

Mccormick Taco Powder

Rate this topic

Here is the ingredients:

SPICES (INCLUDING CHILI PEPPER, CUMIN, OREGANO, AND RED PEPPER), ONION, WHEY SOLIDS (MILK), SALT, SUGAR, PAPRIKA, GARLIC, POTATO STARCH, AND CITRIC ACID.

I have used it with no problems. If you call the number on the package they can tell you for sure but last I checked, and it was awhile ago, it was safe.

Anyone know of any taco seasonings available in Canada that are gluten-free?? My hubby used to make wonderful taco salad, but we haven't been able to find a safe powder since my dx!!

Thanks,

Jillian

Honestly, McCormick is one of the only taco seasoning brands I trust.....You'd be surprised as to how many have wheat flour in them that can slip by the eye on the first few glances. My wonderful boyfriend made me some turkey tacos with this huge thing of taco seasoning his roommate had in the house, without looking at it....because we've had tacos so many times before, that it didn't phase him. I was knocked out of commission for like 3 days, because they were delicious and I had like 4 of them!! When it happened, I asked him what he used and he went to get it, the look on his face was priceless...he felt so terrible. He did cater to me a lot when I was sick, which was nice...but I think I'd rather the not getting sick part :)

Here are the ingredients:

SPICES (INCLUDING CHILI PEPPER, CUMIN, OREGANO, AND RED PEPPER), ONION, WHEY SOLIDS (MILK), SALT, SUGAR, PAPRIKA, GARLIC, POTATO STARCH, AND CITRIC ACID.

If it doesn't have the words wheat, barley, malt, rye, or oats, I'd eat it.

I've noticed in the almost three years I've been following the gluten-free diet, there are more and more taco seasonings available without wheat. Including Walmart and Target brands. It's not that hard to find one now.

best regards, lm