blackjack21

gluten-free Diet Before Testing & Minocycline

Rate this topic

hi guys

i'm getting a blood test done for celiac disease this friday. i started a gluten free diet 2 days ago and was wondering if this will affect the rest results/make them inaccurate. I have cystic acne as well (IMO which could be linked to eating gluten) and was prescribed minocycline for it. i have yet to begin taking the pills, cause they are anti-inflammatory as well as antibiotics, and i don't want taking the pills to interfere with test results. am i right to worry about these things? should I stay on the gluten free diet before the blood test? I plan to be tested for anemia and vitamin B levels along with the appropriate antibodies.

hi guys

i'm getting a blood test done for celiac disease this friday. i started a gluten free diet 2 days ago and was wondering if this will affect the rest results/make them inaccurate. I have cystic acne as well (IMO which could be linked to eating gluten) and was prescribed minocycline for it. i have yet to begin taking the pills, cause they are anti-inflammatory as well as antibiotics, and i don't want taking the pills to interfere with test results. am i right to worry about these things? should I stay on the gluten free diet before the blood test? I plan to be tested for anemia and vitamin B levels along with the appropriate antibodies.

You do need to be eating a full gluten diet for testing. You should get back on gluten now and then when all testing is finished give the diet a try even if the tests are negative.

Keep eating gluten until the testing is completed.