MKat

Whole Food Favorites

Rate this topic

I'm venturing out to Whole Foods for my first gluten free shopping tirp since going gluten-free 2 months ago. I'd love to hear about people's favorite foods and some things you bought that were duds. I'm sure I'll be overwhelemd...but I'm looking forward to the trip!

The closest WF from me is 2 1/1 hours away. I tried their cheese biscuits in the frozen section and they were pretty darn good, especially with bacon and egg for breakfast. And I like their prairie bread, also in the frozen section. It's nutty, crunchy and great toasted.

Against the Grain Baguettes (frozen)

Almond Horseshoe Cookies (bakery)

I haven't been to a Whole Foods for years so not sure they carry these items:

Bi-Agult pasta (the best tasting and holds their shape, any of them if you can have corn)

Schar Table Crackers (like saltines and taste the best)

Schar Pastas are good also

Guess I should make a trip to Whole Foods this next month just to look it over again. I know I'll come home with those almond horseshoes dipped in chocolate.

Whole Foods Gluten-free Granola with Certified Gluten free Oats = Delicious

Explain to me these "certified gluten free oats"......are they not still oats? I've had some gluten free oats products and still gotten incredibly sick. Does this mean that I can't have any form of oats, or am I crazy?

Explain to me these "certified gluten free oats"......are they not still oats? I've had some gluten free oats products and still gotten incredibly sick. Does this mean that I can't have any form of oats, or am I crazy?

Certified means that they are free of gluten contaminates as much as possible.

Here is some information about the Gluten Free Certification process:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.ph...mp;#entry563933

I understand what the certified part means, my question was......are people who are affected by oats still going to be affected by these.

I understand what the certified part means, my question was......are people who are affected by oats still going to be affected by these.

Everyone is different. It's might be trial and error.

There is no legal standardization for items labeled "gluten free", as of yet. "Certified" labeled products do have some regulation.

I've been gluten free for years and still can't do oats, gluten free ones or not. So I stay away from any oats.

I've been gluten free for years and still can't do oats, gluten free ones or not. So I stay away from any oats.

I can't have gluten-free oats either, and I've spoken with a lot of local Celiacs who also can't tolerate them. I think they're safe for some people, but you never know if you're one of them until you try it.