JillianLindsay

Natvia Organics Honey Lemon Cough Drops

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if Nativa organics honey lemon cough drops are gluten-free? The only suspicious ingredient I see is "organic flavour" and as these are a generic brand, I'm not sure if I trust the company to disclose hidden sources of gluten. Anyone try these before? The website does not provide allergen information. I emailed them but this forum is usually much faster than companies at providing answers :)

Thanks,

Jillian

P.S. - It's my first cold since going gluten-free! <_<

Anyone? I bought them yesterday and really want to use them (I feel lousy :angry: ) and of course, the manufacturer is no help so far (no response to my email). They were the "safest" looking ones based on the ingredients, but I still don't want to take a chance -- suffering the symptoms of a cold is much more bearable than the symptoms of getting glutened!

The non-medicinal ingredients are: organic brown rice syrup, organic eucalyptus oil, organic evaporated cane juice, organic flavour (*that's the one I'm worried about), organic honey, organic turmeric extract, organic soybean oil used as a processing agent.

Anyone??

Jillian

In case anyone was dying to know....

"Hello,

Thank you for your patience. We have confirmed that our Nativa Organics Cough Drops Honey Lemon do not contain gluten.

Please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service Call Centre at 1-800-SHOPPERs should you have any further questions or comments or require immediate assistance.

Regards,

Angela

Customer Service"

OMG - I hope it didn't take that long for them to respond. I have a request in to Shoppers on another Nativa product.

In case anyone was dying to know....

"Hello,

Thank you for your patience. We have confirmed that our Nativa Organics Cough Drops Honey Lemon do not contain gluten.

Please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service Call Centre at 1-800-SHOPPERs should you have any further questions or comments or require immediate assistance.

Regards,

Angela

Customer Service"

They certainly did! After a series of useless emails lol

On another note, we were in Toronto for the Thanksgiving weekend and heard that Pizza Nova now has gluten-free crust!

http://www.pizzanova.com/About_Us/PizzaNov...s_releases.aspx

(scroll down to 11/19/2008 -- apparenly it's old news, but this in case some haven't heard...)

Thought everyone would like to know :)

Jillian

OMG - I hope it didn't take that long for them to respond. I have a request in to Shoppers on another Nativa product.