Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
arkoflove

gluten-free Grahm Crackers

Rate this topic

Anyone know of any out there, at all??

I got some chocolate grams at the Health Food Store back in July... JO-SEF was the Brand name... Not sure that I miss them enough to buy more...

Kinnikinnick S'moreables . . . love 'em. Whole Foods does not carry them (they don't carry any Kinnikinnick product). I had to get them at a local health food store. I'm sure you can order on line also.

I second the Kinnikinnick S'moreables. We've also tried Josef's cinnamon, chocolate, and vanilla graham crackers...they were square, very hard, more like a shortbread cookie. Kinnikinnick is more crumbly like a graham cracker and better flavor. Enjoy!

LOVE the smorables :) mmmm..

i buy a package of them and keep them on hand. i like them for a snack or for a graham cracker crust for my cheesecake. delicious!

There is at least one gluten-free mix (by Jules Shepard) to make your own graham crackers. Not sure of the rules for linking so I'll just put a link to and article on the main page of this site about the company:

http://www.celiac.com/categories/Gluten%25...duct-Companies/

I've had "pop-tarts" made with this recipe at a demonstration at a local Whole Foods and they were pretty good. I've not tried to bake my own.

My absolute favorite (and the best in my opinion) are my The Grainless Baker. In addition to making a great snack or a yummy s'mores, they make an incredible crust for cheesecake or any other baked good you need a crust for. Whenver I make cheesecake I use these and always get the same comment that the crust is the incredible and totally makes the cheesecake.

Kinnikinnick S'moreables, yes I think they are good. I don't eat them plain.

S'more Brownies

You can break them up and add to a brownie mix. Then frost with melted marshmallows (or marshmallow fluff).

This is also good with some candy corns sprinkled on top for Halloween.

Toffee Bars

Line a 9x13 pan with foil. Then line the bottom with whole graham crackers.

Boil for 3 minutes:

1 cup brown sugar (dark or light)

1 cup butter

Pour over crackers.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes.

Take from oven and toss on 6 ounces of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup chopped nuts.

May return to over for a few minutes to soften chips, gently spread chips just a little over the top.

Chill 30 minutes (if you can wait that long)

As with most gluten free items store in refrig.

Yes, again, on the Kinnikinnick S'moreables! They are wonderful! I was giddy when I made s'mores a couple of weeks ago. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• February 27, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • March 24, 2019 Until March 27, 2019
      NEW ORLEANS GOURMET GLUTEN-FREE mini GETAWAY    March 24 ~ 27, 2019   We have arranged a fun and Gluten-free food filled mini in the city known for it's food and fun.  We have arranged to eat many of the famous dishes that aren't usually Gluten-free at a few of the World Renown restaurants.   Staying at the Royal Sonesta Hotel on Bourbon Street in the center of the French Quarter, you'll be able to enjoy the ambiance of the city at all hours.   Our itinerary will include a Luxury Coach tour of the city and surrounding area - Admission to The National World War II Museum, including the Tom Hanks" 4D film "Beyond All Boundaries" - an exciting Airboat ride and tour through the Bayou.      This it the 3rd time we have visited New Orleans and it has always been well attended, so join us even if you've been there before.  Check out our website for the complete itinerary and cost.    Due to contractual obligations we must have 20 participants by October 31, 2018 to make this a go.      If you have any questions just give us a call at 410-939-3218.  Bob & Ruth info@bobandruths.com (410) 939-3218
    • March 30, 2019 Until March 31, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Grammie4

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Forum Discussions

Report on Gluten Free Foods & Beverages Market (2019) gives complete outlook of ... non-celiac patients with more number of new product introductions in ... Awareness of Celiac Disease and Gluten – Intolerance Consumers 3.1.2 ... View the full article
    Okay, thanks. Re: MTHFR - I don't really know yet... I only started reading about it yesterday and it is pretty overwhelming. But it does seem to be common advice that if you have a close relative with it you should be tested, and I guess having 2 copies of the "C" variant, as my sister has, is the "worst" variety of it.  It came to light for her when she was going through infertility and miscarriages.  They discovered that her homocysteine was high, which led to the MTHFR testing. So that is one thing I know I would then want to proceed to do, if I do have it - get my homocysteine tested. My dad died of early-onset Alzheimer's, and apparently there is a link between high homocysteine as well as the MTHFR mutation and Alzheimer's. It also seems like it would be worth knowing if I have it since it could be the cause of my lower levels of B12. And I guess maybe I would need to start taking methyl-folate? I mean, to answer your question, I am not entirely sure what I will do if I do have it.   Probably read a lot more about it... and take supplements like methyl-folate if I really think I need to.  Check my homocysteine & control that if I need to, hopefully to lower my risk of Alzeheimer's.  It seems like a frustrating area because there appear to be limited official medical websites that really even talk much about it (so far).  I have found one article on the NIH that focuses on the link with high homocysteine. I already eat a very healthy diet.  Whole grains, lots of fruit & veg, mostly organic.  I am a vegetarian except for very rare seafood. I avoid processed food and, above all, foods with added sugar...  To me, sugar is by far the worst culprit in the SAD.  I think RA has been ruled out by my 2 negative Rheumatoid Factor tests (one done several years ago, one just this year at my physical).  Also, the way this started in my elbows, and was really only there for years, is just... weird... and definitely doesn't really fit with arthritis.  And there is no swelling to speak of, just mild pain - sometimes aching, sometimes burning, sometimes sharp...  It may or may not fit with any systemic diagnosis versus a mechanical one, but nowadays I do also have pain in my hands, feet, and knees.  So then I think, well maybe it is/was something systemic, but it was worse in my elbows for some mechanical reason but now has progressed elsewhere.  I thought Crohn's was just digestive?  (Of course, many people think that of celiac.)  So I haven't really investigated that one much. My ANA was retested and is back down to "negative," so I think that pretty much rules out lupus.  I believe fibromyalgia is still on the table. Anyhow....  Your point is nonetheless taken.  I do want to rule out celiac and go from there.  At this point I'd sure love to find out it is something I could control through my diet!
  • Blog Entries

• Blog Statistics

• Total Blogs
    • Total Entries