Chris85

Any Recommendations For A Family gluten-free Winter Vacation To Somewhere Warm And Tropical

Rate this topic

We would like to go somewhere hot for a spring vacation but I don't know where to look. We can't go on a cruise because my husband gets sea sick. I'm nervous about finding a place that can cook gluten free and would like to hear from people who have enjoyed successful gluten-free vacations. It would be nice to go somewhere and be able to eat at their restaurant. I have read about a couple club med places but the reviews are half good , half bad and we don't need to send our kids to any kids club. We would like a place with a nice kids pool and a good beach.

any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

you can always go somewhere that doesn't cook for you. the last time my husband and I went to hawaii, we stayed at B&B's that had kitchens we could use. while I was alright with sticking to stainless steel pans there, you could, if needed, bring a minimal supply of your own cookware.

We rented a vacation home in the Outer Banks (NC) two years in a row. As long as you get pick house with kitchen (I think they all do) then you cook your own food. We had a beach front house, with a pool, and it was great!! Some of the nicest (and uncrowded) beaches in the USA! It's a perfect family friendly vacation. Look at midgettrealty.com (do not go with hatterasrealty.com...they aren't half as nice or helpful!! and they charge more for 'admin fees' and security deposits).

I'm sure you can find vacation rental homes/condos in many places, especially near vacation spots.

Shannon