GlutenGuy36

Thyroid Medication Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

Does anyone out there know if Levothyroxine ( synthroid ) made by Mylan is gluten free. I went to glutenfreedrugs.com and it says that sythroid cannot garuntee wether or not there is gluten in it.

Thanks in advance, Ted.

Does anyone out there know if Levothyroxine ( synthroid ) made by Mylan is gluten free. I went to glutenfreedrugs.com and it says that sythroid cannot garuntee wether or not there is gluten in it.

Thanks in advance, Ted.

Hi Ted: Can't help; I was just prescribed synthroid and my pharmacist says that they will neither admit nor deny the gluten; it's a crapshoot. I am going to try it, because there's nothing else here to take :(

I've been taking synthroid for over a month without any symptoms. I also had some blood work last week and so far my liver says its gluten free. When I was on unithroid and levothyroxin my liver enzymes were slightly elevated. I hear natural thyroid replacements are gluten free...armour, naturthroid and westhroid. BUT>>>they are hard to get your hands on. Plus, they are on back order right now.

I've been taking Levothyroxine made by Mylan for years and have had no ill effects from it. All of my blood work has been fine and my Celiac Disease is also in control thanks to a gluten free diet.