Kelly C.

Beware Of The New Formula Of Kix

Rate this topic

I was so excited to try the Kix now that they have the new formula, and they tasted so good, but I got glutened from what I believe may be cross contamination. I also double checked the ingredients to make sure it wasn't the old formula. It's been 5 days since then and I'm just now starting to feel a little bit better, but nowhere near normal. I guess I'll have to wait until if and when they decide to go through the process to make it officially gluten free like they did with Chex before I ever try them again. :(

Envirokidz has a cereal that is very similar to Kix...Has a panda on front. We buy on Amazon.

I second the EnviroKidz recommendation. They are quite tasty - especially the peanut butter variety (kind of reminds me of Reese's PB cups cereal).

I second the EnviroKidz recommendation. They are quite tasty - especially the peanut butter variety (kind of reminds me of Reese's PB cups cereal).

I totally agree with that recommendation! The peanut butter ones are so good!! It even makes a great snake to throw in a baggie and take on the road with you!

peanut butter and chocolate :lol:

That is too funny, not that you got glutened, but that i have been wondering what I have been eating that is making me feel this way... I had kix this morning, and was assuming that it was a cross contamination matter, and since i am not the only one who had this happen, i feel a little relieved, my friends were thinking i was crazy because they dont have gluten in them...they dont understand the cross contamination issue!

will be trying the envirokids soon!

What type of Kix are you talking about? The new Honey Kix has no gluten ingredients....but I thought regular Kix was made with oat flour.

I like Trix(yes, the one with the bunny on it) and love Honey nut Chex. My sone really like the Cocoa and Peanut Butter Bumpers, and I get them at Krogers.

I bought a box of Honey Kix last week. It tasted like cardboard :o . I like Trix, and the Chex, especially the corn & honey nut kinds.

best regards, lm