Frances03

Please Help Me Read These Results!

Rate this topic

Okay, to make a long story short, I picked up a copy of my results, they aren't complete yet but this is all I have, and the doctors are all gone for the rest of the week. No one has told me the results. I have no idea what this means, but this is what I have,

tissue transglutaminase iga 88

gliadin peptide ab iga and igg dont think I have hte results on yet

gliadin peptide ab, iga 105

immunoglobulin A 169

does this mean anything at all to anyone? THANK YOU.

it also says if detected at a level greater than 19 unites may suggest the possibility of certain gluten sensitive enteropathies such as celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformus. and mine was 88 but doesnt say 88 what, just ways 88, flagged as high and reference of 0-19 units.

why can't I see my post on the board??? I hope someone else can see this.

Welcome. Your blood tests were postive for celiac or gluten intolerance. If you plan on going to have an endoscopy then make sure you keep eating gluten until that is done. You should go gluten free after all your testing is complete.

It can take a little bit of time for new topic posts to come up on the board but be assured it will.

thank you for replying. I did read that the first test can be a false positive in people with hashimoto's disease, which i have. Does anyone know about getting a false positive on that test? also on the test I got 105 on, it said anything above 39 was considered 'positive' but it had my result of 105 listed under normal, which I dont understand. so it looks like I might have 2 positives. The nurse laughed at me when I asked for the test, and said it was a disease of malabsorption in people underweight with diarrhea, which I am obviously not.

Welcome. Your blood tests were postive for celiac or gluten intolerance. If you plan on going to have an endoscopy then make sure you keep eating gluten until that is done. You should go gluten free after all your testing is complete.

It can take a little bit of time for new topic posts to come up on the board but be assured it will.

thank you for replying. I did read that the first test can be a false positive in people with hashimoto's disease, which i have. Does anyone know about getting a false positive on that test? also on the test I got 105 on, it said anything above 39 was considered 'positive' but it had my result of 105 listed under normal, which I dont understand. so it looks like I might have 2 positives. The nurse laughed at me when I asked for the test, and said it was a disease of malabsorption in people underweight with diarrhea, which I am obviously not.

I know what you mean about medical professionals laughing when asking for the bloodwork...

I had my bloodwork last week...

My sister has Celiac confirmed by bloodwork and endoscopy

I have symptoms as well

I call my MD to be screened...

The SAD thing is this...he had no idea why I would want to be tested because I did not have diarrhea and secondly he had not idea what kind of test to give me...he had to call the lab to ask what was required...Most primary physicians have no clue! I might be due to the fact we live in a rural area, but the ignorance is amazing!

Health care professionals are sometimes terrible. I had one call me saying I might have cancer after a routine screening. Turned out it was nothing and I still have no idea why they said that to me.

You know your body the best and if you feel like you need a test done you ask for it. Doctors can look past so many things and just want to sign prescriptons and see the next patient.

I think you are going in the right direction.

Good luck!

I know what you mean about medical professionals laughing when asking for the bloodwork...

I had my bloodwork last week...

My sister has Celiac confirmed by bloodwork and endoscopy

I have symptoms as well

I call my MD to be screened...

The SAD thing is this...he had no idea why I would want to be tested because I did not have diarrhea and secondly he had not idea what kind of test to give me...he had to call the lab to ask what was required...Most primary physicians have no clue! I might be due to the fact we live in a rural area, but the ignorance is amazing!

After our daughter was diagnosed, my husband and I both had this same exact type of reaction when we asked our doctors to be screened (one was a PCP and the other was an OBGYN-that's pretty much the only dr. I go to anymore lol). Anyway, it's pathetic to say the least. In hindsight, I'm sure they did not check our Total IgA, which we've since found our son is deficient. So, pretty much a waste of time and money, sad.

I don't believe myself that it would be a false positive, mainly because there are so many of us with thyroid issues. From my understanding false positives are really rare and it is possible to have both celiac and other autoimmune issues. Also many in the medical field are still woefully misinformed about celiacs who are overweight, there are many of us but most still believe you have to be emaciated to be celiac. I do hope you give the diet a good shot after you are done with your testing. You may even find that your throid issues are relieved a bit.