converge

Worcester , Ma Gluten Free Restaurants: Another Addition

Rate this topic

I recently discovered two additional gluten-free restaurants in Worcester, MA in addition to the ones I knew about- The Boynton, On The Rise Bakery, and Nancy Changs (chinese).

The first is Wild Willies, right off I-190/ I-290. Its a VERY reasonably priced burger joint, featuring mostly burgers and some other assorted stuff. First off, the staff is VERY knowledgeable about gluten- They have a dedicated fryer for french fries (which are delicious and perfectly cooked), and are all trained on what is and isn't OK for us. They have their own home-made gluten-free buns for the bugers, which include beef, bison, and other meats. I usually get the "Bubba" which is barbecue sauce, bacon, onions, and cheese. They also have some desserts, and a "grab you own" pickle barrel @ a quarter a pickle. Service is pleasant, prices are pretty low ($6-8 per burger and $2-4 for fries), and the food has consistently been good. The owner told me they're working on a formulation for gluten-free onion ring batter, it will be on the menu soon.

Second is Evo's, which is on Chandler and Park St. Its a new style american type place, with "healthier" offerings but very reasonable prices. I should mention I HAVE NOT EATING THERE YET, so I can't attest to service or quality... I plan to go there soon and I'll reply to this thread with a review. Some menu offerings:

Appetizers: Vveggie quesadillas, Spinach Dip, Middle Eastern Platter

Salads: House, Caprese, Asian, Avocado Tuscan

Dressings: Sano, Ranch, Italian, Ginger Wasabi, Oil & Vinegar

Burgers: Bison, Kobe, Grilled Chicken

Various wraps

Entrees: NY Strip Steak, Seared Yellow Fin Tuna, Asian Stirfry, Tuscan Mahi-Mahi

Sides: Mashed Potatos, Red Potatos,

PIZZA: Gluten Free 12" sauce and Cheese, various toppings (Starts at $8, NO gluten-free SURCHARGE!!!)

Desserts: Creme Brulee, Sorbet, Choc Mousse

Anyway, I'll report back on Evo's.

I recently discovered two additional gluten-free restaurants in Worcester, MA in addition to the ones I knew about- The Boynton, On The Rise Bakery, and Nancy Changs (chinese).

The first is Wild Willies, right off I-190/ I-290. Its a VERY reasonably priced burger joint, featuring mostly burgers and some other assorted stuff. First off, the staff is VERY knowledgeable about gluten- They have a dedicated fryer for french fries (which are delicious and perfectly cooked), and are all trained on what is and isn't OK for us. They have their own home-made gluten-free buns for the bugers, which include beef, bison, and other meats. I usually get the "Bubba" which is barbecue sauce, bacon, onions, and cheese. They also have some desserts, and a "grab you own" pickle barrel @ a quarter a pickle. Service is pleasant, prices are pretty low ($6-8 per burger and $2-4 for fries), and the food has consistently been good. The owner told me they're working on a formulation for gluten-free onion ring batter, it will be on the menu soon.

Second is Evo's, which is on Chandler and Park St. Its a new style american type place, with "healthier" offerings but very reasonable prices. I should mention I HAVE NOT EATING THERE YET, so I can't attest to service or quality... I plan to go there soon and I'll reply to this thread with a review. Some menu offerings:

Various wraps

Entrees: NY Strip Steak, Seared Yellow Fin Tuna, Asian Stirfry, Tuscan Mahi-Mahi

PIZZA: Gluten Free 12" sauce and Cheese, various toppings (Starts at $8, NO gluten-free SURCHARGE!!!)

www.evodining.com

Various wraps

Thank you very much for posting this! I live close to Worcester and am a fan of Boynton's. I had heard of Wild Willies but haven't eaten there yet. However, now that I know they are working on gluten-free onion rings, I will make a point of checking them out! :D