Genna'smom

Gluten Free Licorace - Strawberry Or Cherry

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of a good licorace and where I can get it?? My 3 yr old has been begging me for some. Thanks for any help you could give me...

Bonnie

I second the search, if anyone knows of where we can also find the black form it would be really appretiated. I do so miss my licorice.

Candy Tree makes gluten-free licorice (but I've only ever seen it online - never in any store). Also, Orgran makes molasses licorice.

Also, if anyone is in the Chicago 'burbs, there is a candy store in Skokie that makes gluten free candies (including licorice) called Raising the Candy Bar. For those outside of Chicago, I believe you can order some of their goodies.

Trader Joe's sells black licorice scotty dogs. In fact, I just ate 5 dogs. They are a bit chewy, but they are really good and have a nice licorice flavor. They sell other licorice, but it's the scotty dogs that are gluten-free. I only know about the black, though, and not the reds.

We got the Candy Tree licorice at the Gluten Free Grocery in the Chicago area, but that was about a year ago. It was OK...my son liked it, but it was reminded me more of a fruit snack sort of texture than licorice. Licorice is the single food we have not found a replacement for. The Candy Tree came close though, like I said.