Roda

Black Bean Brownies

Rate this topic

I made these today and they were awesome. It was more like a chocolate cake really and very moist. I would like to experiment with some white beans next. I only had splenda on hand so the only drawback for me was the aftertaste. I am going to order some erythritol and stevia extract and use a blend of it next time. I also did not have unsweetened baking chocolate so I used three squares of Bakers german sweet baking chocolate with a 1/2 tbs spectrum shortening melted and mixed it in before pouring it into the pan. BTW, no it didn't even remotely taste like beans! Who would have thought? :o On a side note I also used canola oil instead of butter and used ricotta and I used 5 large eggs. I'm sure you could just substitute sugar for the sugar substitute also. Enjoy!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-...wnies-cake.html

I made these today and they were awesome. It was more like a chocolate cake really and very moist. I would like to experiment with some white beans next. I only had splenda on hand so the only drawback for me was the aftertaste. I am going to order some erythritol and stevia extract and use a blend of it next time. I also did not have unsweetened baking chocolate so I used three squares of Bakers german sweet baking chocolate with a 1/2 tbs spectrum shortening melted and mixed it in before pouring it into the pan. BTW, no it didn't even remotely taste like beans! Who would have thought? :o On a side note I also used canola oil instead of butter and used ricotta and I used 5 large eggs. I'm sure you could just substitute sugar for the sugar substitute also. Enjoy!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-...wnies-cake.html

I would be really interested to try these! Anyone with a non-dairy suggestion for substituting the cream/ricotta cheese?

I would be really interested to try these! Anyone with a non-dairy suggestion for substituting the cream/ricotta cheese?

Here is a different take on it. The blogger used the other recipe I posted and modified it. Check out the rest of her site. It is awesome. I can't wait to try the wraps!

http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/sea...l/black%20beans

Well I made a carrot cake with the suggestions at the end of the first posted recipe. I used cannellini beans (canned) and used cinamon, alspice, nutmeg and cloves. Boy did it turn out yummy! :P I liked it better than the chocolate. I definatly will make the carrot cake again.

I made the cake and it turned out really well. I tested it on my non-gluten free coworkers, and they thought it was really good. Moist. We all agreed on one thing though, the frosting recipe lacked... The cake though... I was surprised at how well it went over.

What a treat. I just tried the black bean brownies which are reallly good and have to be so muc healthier than regular brownies. Of course, I put more cocoa than it called for!!!!! What I do like is that they do not have flour or white sugar, both of which I am addicted to and just want to keep eating. I also tried the carrot cake ones on the site to which I also added coconut. Airy and moist. I would imagine they are going to have a good effect on the constipation from which I suffere chronically. If so, then I could eat them for medicinal purposes!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the mention of these, I never tire of reading the gluten-free site as I learn things all the time.

Barbara