Rate this topic

Good Morning All,

I have been diagnosed with Celiacs for little over 2 months now, I had my scope , and the Dr said it was all clear???

Can you still have Celiacs with out any damage to your villi???

I have stopped eating gluten for a while now to see how I would feel and I feel so much better.....less headaches, more energy! Can I still have Celiacs based on the blood test alone??

Very grateful for any help on this!

From what I understand, there are no false positives in terms of blood work. So if yours shows you have celiac disease, that's a pretty definitive answer.

There are, however, false negatives in both blood work and intestinal biopsies. The intestinal biopsy is a couple samplings from a few areas and may (and often do) miss the area showing damage.

I think you'll get a lot of feedback from people that have had a negative biopsy, in spite of positive blood results.

From what I understand, there are no false positives in terms of blood work. So if yours shows you have celiac disease, that's a pretty definitive answer.

There are, however, false negatives in both blood work and intestinal biopsies. The intestinal biopsy is a couple samplings from a few areas and may (and often do) miss the area showing damage.

I think you'll get a lot of feedback from people that have had a negative biopsy, in spite of positive blood results.

Thank You!