Schelinski

Sudden Onset Of Acne

Rate this topic

I've been looking through old posts regarding acne, and am not finding an answer that I am looking for.

I haven't been diagnosed yet. I've had the blood test and was told that my number was right in the middle so it was inconclusive? Does that make any sense? I have an appointment with the GI next month but was told to go ahead and start a gluten free diet to see how I feel. I am also going to see an alergist next month...until then I am on my own. :-)

By day three I had my energy back and started to feel less foggy. My memory is still a little slow, but I feel like I am thinking clearer and the memory functions seem to be improving. My husband says that I am looking better too...so hopefully I have found the key...

Anyway, my question is about possible withdrawal symptoms specifically related to acne. I've never really had acne before...maybe as a teenager I would have the occasional breakout, but nothing too bad. Anyway, I have been gluten free for 6 days and am suddenly breaking out around my hairline...it's getting pretty bad. Has this happened to anyone else?

I've been looking through old posts regarding acne, and am not finding an answer that I am looking for.

I haven't been diagnosed yet. I've had the blood test and was told that my number was right in the middle so it was inconclusive? Does that make any sense? I have an appointment with the GI next month but was told to go ahead and start a gluten free diet to see how I feel. I am also going to see an alergist next month...until then I am on my own. :-)

By day three I had my energy back and started to feel less foggy. My memory is still a little slow, but I feel like I am thinking clearer and the memory functions seem to be improving. My husband says that I am looking better too...so hopefully I have found the key...

Anyway, my question is about possible withdrawal symptoms specifically related to acne. I've never really had acne before...maybe as a teenager I would have the occasional breakout, but nothing too bad. Anyway, I have been gluten free for 6 days and am suddenly breaking out around my hairline...it's getting pretty bad. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hello! My symptoms started with acne and some GI issues. My acne is terrible and it is connected to my celiac. I have a dermatologist who has done biopsies. They came back showing Cystic acne, basically just really bad acne. All this started at 24, I never had acne problems in high school. I am still trying to clear mine up, but you sound like you can stop it in it's tracks. Make sure to use a additive free soap, Cetaphil is great!, and wash your face two to three times a day. I would also suggest getting some Stridex pads and using one everytime you wash your face. Last, but not least, try to make an effort not to touch your face with your hands. This just puts bacteria and dirt right back into the pores you are trying to clean out. I try to use a kleenex or toilet paper. I hope that this can be of some help. If things just keep getting worse, then I would get a referral to a dermatologist.

Brooklyn :D