Frances03

Endoscopy/colonoscopy Today, Yeehaw!

Rate this topic

First of all, if anyone else ever reads this and their doctor gives them TriLyte for colon prep, RUN AWAY. Run FAR away. This has to be one of the worst things I've ever done, and I've given birth 3 times, 2 natural childbirth, and I am not a wimp. I cannot swallow any more of that stuff. I have thrown it up a couple times now. It is BAD. There has to be a better way. I will never do this again. I will insist on some other way of colon prep than this gallon of crap. Anyway, I'm going in in about 2 hours and would appreciate any prayers anyone wants to send up for me. I've spend a long time worrying that I have colon cancer, and I'm 97% positive now that I have celiac disease and when I get out of that hospital I intend to start my gluten free life. I dont care what the endoscopy says, I've got TWO positive bloods tests, both the ttg iga and the gliadin peptide antibody iga, which says both my body is attacking itself because of gluten, and my body is making antibodies to gluten. I think that is enough to diagnose celiac right there, but I am doing this endoscopy for my children, so that I can say without a DOUBT when I take them to get tested, that I have tested positive. So, I would also appreciate prayers that this doctor I have never met knows what he is doing and knows what to look for, because I KNOW that I have damage in there. Thank you very much to anyone who prays for me or even sends positive thoughts. I'll update later.

Best wishes, the worst is over. I will keep you in my thoughts and pray the doctor takes lots of biopsies. I am glad to hear you will be gluten free as soon as the tests are done.

My blood test were negative and I ended up having an EGD a little over a week ago. My appointment to find out the results of that test is later today. I, too, have had the lower scope done and yes, it makes me seriously ill, just like it did to you. I feel for you and hope you get your results soon. By the way, from what I understand, if your blood work came back positive, your a Celiac. You generally don't have to have the biopsy done, unless your blood work comes back negative and they are still pretty certain you have Celiac. I am praying that your test go well for you today and I hope you get some good news from this round of test.

First of all, if anyone else ever reads this and their doctor gives them TriLyte for colon prep, RUN AWAY. Run FAR away. This has to be one of the worst things I've ever done, and I've given birth 3 times, 2 natural childbirth, and I am not a wimp. I cannot swallow any more of that stuff. I have thrown it up a couple times now. It is BAD. There has to be a better way. I will never do this again.

Now this is scary! :o For a woman who has given birth twice, au naturale, and says the colonoscopy prep is worse than that, I have to have the utmost respect for!

I admire your courage and know you will be OK, after all is said and done. I have not had a colonoscopy because I am having no problems which would warrant having one done but have heard many people say the same thing as you have....the prep is ghastly while the test itself is a breeze. Rest assured you do have Celiac Disease.....a positive blood screen is a diagnosis. I am sure there will be nothing serious going on and all your problems are gluten related. My best to you and remember....after today, it will be nothing but a bad memory and your life will begin anew as a gluten-free convert! Best of health to you and hang in there, Lady!

I'm thinking of you today. Today is the first day of your gluten-free life!