Liddle4

Celiac Kids And Vitamins

Rate this topic

Does anyone give their Celiac child any other vitamins besides a multi? For anxiety or to help them focus? If so where do you get it?

In addition to a multi-vitamin, I give my kids calcium (Nutrition Now Soft Chews) and omega 3 (Rainbow Light Gummy Omegalicious.) The calcium is because I have one child who has a bone cyst repairing itself and another who avoids milk due to an automimmune response to casein - nothing to do with focus. But the omega 3s are to help with focus. Whether it works or not, I can't really say, but they love them, and I figure it can't hurt. I have purchased both products at grocery stores with good health food sections and in Whole Foods. The other thing I do to help my children with focus is to make sure they start the day with protein in their breakfast.

I also give my daughter Omega 3s with breakfast everyday. Our doctor suggested it to help with her moodiness.

Country Life makes a B-complex which you should be able to find locally. A separate methylcobalamin (specific form of B12) sublingual lozenge can also be very helpful for neurological function. A calcium/magnesium combo is also good, and many include vitamin D as well. Vitamin C helps with the absorption of other nutrients, so that can't hurt either.

In addition to a multi-vitamin, I give my kids calcium (Nutrition Now Soft Chews) and omega 3 (Rainbow Light Gummy Omegalicious.) The calcium is because I have one child who has a bone cyst repairing itself and another who avoids milk due to an automimmune response to casein - nothing to do with focus. But the omega 3s are to help with focus. Whether it works or not, I can't really say, but they love them, and I figure it can't hurt. I have purchased both products at grocery stores with good health food sections and in Whole Foods. The other thing I do to help my children with focus is to make sure they start the day with protein in their breakfast.

I have tried a liquid and gummy with fish oil in it and he gagged, can you taste the fish oil in the gummy?

My kids think they are delicious, but they turn my mouth inside out they are so sour. I guess the sourness, plus the fact that one dose is several in a foil pack, is to disguise the fish taste. I looked for a phone number on the box to see if I could find someplace you could call for a sample, but no luck.

My kids think they are delicious, but they turn my mouth inside out they are so sour. I guess the sourness, plus the fact that one dose is several in a foil pack, is to disguise the fish taste. I looked for a phone number on the box to see if I could find someplace you could call for a sample, but no luck.

Thanks for your help!

Hello there, I am new to these forums as a registered member, but have been reading these for several months now. My son has been diagnosed with celiac. Has anyone heard of or used Bio B12 + Folic Acid by Genestra? I have had a hard time finding a B12 supplement for children. Thanks in advance for any help.