Frances03

I'm Back, And I Have Celiac Disease!

Rate this topic

so am I a Gold Star Celiac now?? LOL

I had my colonoscopy and it was FINE FINE FINE

I had my endoscopy and he said he could "see damage consistent with Celiac Disease" just from looking, of course he is sending all my stuff to be biopsied. But, I got so lucky, because he actually KNEW something about Celiac and said his former wife had written a book on the diet! I also have a hiatal hernia, and a lot of damage from heartburn type stuff, acid backing up my esophagus etc. So, I am to go gluten free right away, and get an appt with a dietician, and also he wants to recheck my anitbody levels to make sure I'm doing well on the diet!! I feel FANTASTIC!!! All these years of garbage and I finally have something I can TREAT! I will be HAPPY to eat gluten free the rest of my life!!! Thank you so much for your prayers and kind thoughts today also. I appreciate them all. And thank you for the support on this board. I will be sticking around and trying to educate everyone I know about Celiac Disease. Next, I will be getting my 3 children tested.

I had my endoscopy and he said he could "see damage consistent with Celiac Disease" just from looking, of course he is sending all my stuff to be biopsied. But, I got so lucky, because he actually KNEW something about Celiac and said his former wife had written a book on the diet! I also have a hiatal hernia, and a lot of damage from heartburn type stuff, acid backing up my esophagus etc. So, I am to go gluten free right away, and get an appt with a dietician, and also he wants to recheck my anitbody levels to make sure I'm doing well on the diet!! I feel FANTASTIC!!! All these years of garbage and I finally have something I can TREAT! I will be HAPPY to eat gluten free the rest of my life!!! Thank you so much for your prayers and kind thoughts today also. I appreciate them all. And thank you for the support on this board. I will be sticking around and trying to educate everyone I know about Celiac Disease. Next, I will be getting my 3 children tested.

Glad to hear that you finally have answers!

Susan

Wonderful that you know now. I hope you stick around...this is a great resource!

"I feel FANTASTIC!!!"

That sure does say it all! You are now an official member of the gluten free club! It's so nice to finally figure out what's wrong that we do cartwheels to find out we are celiacs. lol

Sounds like he turned out to be alright. Now he needs to educate his nurse practitioner. Hope you feel better soon. Also after my confirmed diagnosis I asked my kids ped to screen and explained that I just had gotten a diagnosis. He refused to order the blood tests, saying they were fine. I was so mad! :angry: I had to call their allergist/immunologist in a town 70 miles away to get it orderd and they had no problem doing it. My oldest has been screened twice since all of the tests were not done the first time(lab problem). Good luck and be persistant.

Just wanted to say that I am very happy to hear of your great doctors. Finding a good one is always a positive. I hope things start going your way. Also, good luck with your children. I just started working on getting things taken care of concerning my children. I can't bear the thought of them having to deal with the things I have had to already. Good luck in all you do! :P

I am glad you were able to get a definate answer. Welcome to the family. I hope you are feeling great soon. Make sure you let all your first degree relatives know, brothers, sisters etc as well as doing the testing on your children.

I'm so glad you have the answers! Now for a new life of great health for you and your family. Welcome into the group, hope you get the results for your children that they need.

I am so happy for you not happy you have celiac but it feels good to have answers. I am just expecting the same diagnostic. I did the celiac blood test for the second time this year and this time, I made sure it is the whole panel. My blood test was done in late September and it seems like I can't have results until late October and I am wondering if that means something.

Nadia